By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could Nintendo be collaborating with Nickelodeon for a Cartoon adaptation of Splatoon ?

I don't think that would work tbh.

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:

I don't know. I mean shooting goo at each other doesn't really make much for a cartoon...

Well, they would have to add a fair bit of character and story development into the cartoon to flesh it out.  For example, I could see a family-friendly version of the Hunger Games where the kids fight in ink arena's due to the orders of some evil Octarian overlord, etc...  Probably not a very good example of a story, but I'm sure that Nintendo could come up with something way better than that.

That is why I really want Nintendo to produce the anime, and not Nickelodeon, because I think the biggest addition that Splat2n needs is a really story driven single player/co-op experience.  Single player was the one area where Splatoon was really lacking.  I think Nintendo could easily create a great campaign experience for this game and the anime could mirror the game's storyline the same way the Pokemon anime does for its games.

zorg1000 said:
Cloudman said:
Erm... I'd rather they do a Splatoon anime instead. I don't think cartoons in the west have been good since... A good long time. But cartoons these days are so terrible. They lost the art of good cartoon making from the 90s.

Cartoons these days are fine, you're just not the target audience anymore. Its the same thing every generation.

When I was a kid growing up in the 90s my dad would always complain about the cartoons I watched not being as good as the ones back when he was growing up in the 60/70s.

No, I don't think that's it. While I enjoyed many great cartoons in the 90s and early 2000s, I watched some of the older cartoons like Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, the Flintstones, Scooby Doo, and so on, and I loved those as well.

Some of the cartoons I've seen these days just don't have that level of quality anymore. I've even watched shows I loved lose their polish as well, like Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents. There are a few cartoons I felt were excellent, like Gravity Falls, Over the Garden Wall, and Bob's Burgers, I feel these days it's harder to find well done cartoons.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

If it forces more splatoon titles to be develop then damn it let's get it done.

doubel post.

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
zorg1000 said:

Cartoons these days are fine, you're just not the target audience anymore. Its the same thing every generation.

When I was a kid growing up in the 90s my dad would always complain about the cartoons I watched not being as good as the ones back when he was growing up in the 60/70s.

No, I don't think that's it. While I enjoyed many great cartoons in the 90s and early 2000s, I watched some of the older cartoons like Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, the Flintstones, Scooby Doo, and so on, and I loved those as well.

Some of the cartoons I've seen these days just don't have that level of quality anymore. I've even watched shows I loved lose their polish as well, like Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents. There are a few cartoons I felt were excellent, like Gravity Falls, Over the Garden Wall, and Bob's Burgers, I feel these days it's harder to find well done cartoons.

Spot on. That's basically the problem. Every Young Justice that gets made. We get Hulk: Agents of Smash crap. Which is so rediculess. When Paul Dini. Who freaking help create and run the Batman TAS cartoon. That still is paraded as one of the best cartoons made. Created and worked on that horrible Hulk junk. 

zorg1000 said:
archer9234 said:
If a cartoon is ever conceived. It be more logical, if it aired on Cartoon Network. Nintendo already has a property on the station, Pokemon.

idk going by that, the Nintendo World Championship shouldnt have aired on Disney XD

And they shouldn't have. Because that station does the worst numbers. Because of how many people don't get it. Due to it being in higher cable packages. But it probably cost dirt cheap. Which wouldn't be the case, with Nickalodean.

I hope not, I want an anime.

They should but I don't think they are.

Hell, they should have cartoons of all their franchises. That marketing would be off the roof.

Stopping their cartoons was so stupid. And that cereal. They need to bring it all back and make the world Nintendo land.

I LOVE ICELAND!

b00moscone said:
I feel this would be an incredibly smart idea, though if they were to do it it should air around the almost inevitable sequel on the NX. Kids EVERYONE would watch it and naturally want it.

Fixed. Assuming it's good show of course!

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

fleischr said:
b00moscone said:
I feel this would be an incredibly smart idea, though if they were to do it it should air around the almost inevitable sequel on the NX. Kids EVERYONE would watch it and naturally want it.

Fixed. Assuming it's good show of course!

Can't argue with that

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi