By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could Nintendo be collaborating with Nickelodeon for a Cartoon adaptation of Splatoon ?

Wouldn't be a terrible idea, but there's no reason to suspect they are.

Around the Network

I would love this idea! I hope they can find a good animation style though because that's the hardest part and a bad animation style is the first thing to turn away audiences. Maybe a mix between anime and adventure time? I'm not sure how that would work but you never know what they could come up with!

Splatoon 2 would have to have voice acting then. I'll miss the woomy. =(

spemanig said:
To be clear, I think something like this would be incredibly smart. But Spongebob being in Splatoon means as little as BMWs being in Mario Kart.

Well, I mean to be honest BMWs were in Mario Kart, and Mario was in BMW commercials. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HumAWTYh92c

Which is kind of what this topic is about. If Nickelodeon is in Splatoon, maybe Splatoon could be a Nickelodeon cartoon.

CaptainExplosion said:
Superquagsire said:
I would love this idea! I hope they can find a good animation style though because that's the hardest part and a bad animation style is the first thing to turn away audiences. Maybe a mix between anime and adventure time? I'm not sure how that would work but you never know what they could come up with!

Maybe stray more towards anime.

Then again, they could go with the animation style of Teen Titans. That could work well with Splatoon, right?

If we are going with teen titans style it BETTER be the old version. Every time I see something in that animation style I just want to turn it off immediately because teen titans go just ruined it for me 

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:

Well, I mean to be honest BMWs were in Mario Kart, and Mario was in BMW commercials. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HumAWTYh92c

Which is kind of what this topic is about. If Nickelodeon is in Splatoon, maybe Splatoon could be a Nickelodeon cartoon.

What about Transformers, then? It's just not the same thing. Splatoon already had ads on Nick, so there's that.

I think people are looking a bit too far into this.

Unlikely..

The Japanese one paired up with 7-11 so it's just cross advertising

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

CaptainExplosion said:
Superquagsire said:

Maybe stray more towards anime.

Then again, they could go with the animation style of Teen Titans. That could work well with Splatoon, right?

which of the two Teen Titans ? because the most recent one is extremely bad imho

This on the other hand could fit Splatoon well...

A Splatoon cartoon would be amazing but I dont want Nickelodeon to have the rights to it because they have no idea how to make shows anymore

I am disgusted. Nickelodeon getting rights to already beloved IPs is suicide for that adaptation. All they make these days is either horrible live action garbage or cartoons that even a 9 year old would think is below them

bet: lost