By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could Nintendo be collaborating with Nickelodeon for a Cartoon adaptation of Splatoon ?

When was the last time Nick has made a good cartoon anyway? I'd rather have a Splatoon anime tbh.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Erm... I'd rather they do a Splatoon anime instead. I don't think cartoons in the west have been good since... A good long time. But cartoons these days are so terrible. They lost the art of good cartoon making from the 90s.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

spemanig said:
To be clear, I think something like this would be incredibly smart. But Spongebob being in Splatoon means as little as BMWs being in Mario Kart.

ya its like saying Hasbro is going to start making Splatoon toys because they did a Transformers Splatfest a few months ago.

i do agree that a deal with Nickelodeon would make sense though.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Cloudman said:
Erm... I'd rather they do a Splatoon anime instead. I don't think cartoons in the west have been good since... A good long time. But cartoons these days are so terrible. They lost the art of good cartoon making from the 90s.

Cartoons these days are fine, you're just not the target audience anymore. Its the same thing every generation.

When I was a kid growing up in the 90s my dad would always complain about the cartoons I watched not being as good as the ones back when he was growing up in the 60/70s.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

If a cartoon is ever conceived. It be more logical, if it aired on Cartoon Network. Nintendo already has a property on the station, Pokemon.

Around the Network

This time last year, I thought that a Nickelodeon cartoon would have been the perfect way to establish the Splatoon franchise and make it huge. Turns out that Nintendo didn't need Nickelodeon to make Splatoon huge.

I don't know, I think Nintendo could probably do a better job making their own Splatoon cartoon adaptation. Nintendo is definitely capable of doing everything that Nickelodeon can do, themselves, and I could see Nintendo creating a pretty sweet Splatoon anime that could be huge in both Japan and North America. On the other hand, I'm not sure how well established Nickelodeon is in Japan which is where Splatoon is the biggest.

archer9234 said:
If a cartoon is ever conceived. It be more logical, if it aired on Cartoon Network. Nintendo already has a property on the station, Pokemon.

idk going by that, the Nintendo World Championship shouldnt have aired on Disney XD

I don't know. I mean shooting goo at each other doesn't really make much for a cartoon...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

I think they would do a anime in the home market before having Westerners do it. Especially given how sustained the success of Splatoon has been in Japan despite the lack of success that the Wii U console as a whole.

I prefer an anime.