By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - 'Captain America: Civil War' Review Thread - 90% RT/75 MC score - WW BO = $991.0M/DOM = $314.2M

It's dropped another few points on the avg score and MC. I'm hoping it at very least holds above 90% which it still should. Another 50 reviews or so left until its done and dusted.

We'll be getting preview and midnight numbers in the next few hours I believe. The summer BO begins now!

PS4/PS3/PC/3DS Owner (Will buy a Switch when mainline Pokemon game is released)

Around the Network

Damn... I wish one day, anime can be as mainstream and acceptable as Comic-book movies.
Oh and Off topic, Bat v. Super is underrated, seriously. Sure it's not awesome, sure the pacing and editing and the plot i agree are just outright horrible, on top of that, Bat and Super weren't being Bat and Super.
BUT it get too much hatred from RT. Lot and lot of emotional moments in there, the action sequences are probably the best i've ever seen in CB movies.

7.5-8 /10 - my score.

Down to 75 on MC and 7.7/10 on RT. I'm still curious as to how a C qualifies as fresh instead of rotten. Mind you 7.7 is still a good score - I'll still watch it at some point.

Lawlight said:
Down to 75 on MC and 7.7/10 on RT. I'm still curious as to how a C qualifies as fresh instead of rotten. Mind you 7.7 is still a good score - I'll still watch it at some point.

Maybe WB who own TR got paid by Disney to give Disney movies on RT a fresh even with a C

A movie is fresh if it does get above 60%. Isn't a C like above 70% in USA? Not sure which rating the site which rated the movie with a C is using but if their C is  a"70%+" then it is pretty obvious that it's counted as fresh. 

crissindahouse said:
Lawlight said:

Maybe WB who own TR got paid by Disney to give Disney movies on RT a fresh even with a C

A movie is fresh if it does get above 60%. Isn't a C like above 70% in USA? Not sure which rating the site which rated the movie with a C is using but if their C is  a"70%+" then it is pretty obvious that it's counted as fresh. 

MOS steel has an average weighted score of 6.2/10 and it deserves fresh instead of Rotten 55. On the other hand we see marginally better 7.7/10 getting 91 for CW shows how flawed the score highlighting is in that site. It's a hack site. 

Around the Network
Okie_Loki said:
Runa216 said:

GASP!  A movie's overall score lowered a bit as time went on!  JUST LIKE VIRTUALLY EVERY OTHER MOVIE AND GAME THAT HAS EVER BEEN REVIEWED! 

This is not an anomaly befitting of panic or new, this is the norm.  the anomaly is when review scores go UP, which is incredibly rare.  THAT Would be worth pointing out.  

Ooooor, you can just keep grabbing for anything you can to support your hilarious delusion.  Up to you! 

While BvS saw a steady plummet, it was quite normal and praised to watch every single review come in. Now that it's being done to this movie, you put forward an explanation as to why scores lower over time and it's nothing to worry about. 

Double standards... 

I saw the updated critic consensus on the OP and had to chuckle quite a bit. The themes and ideas that were in BvS tally higher than arguably the other MCU movies combined. The only true thought provoking MCU movie was Winter Soldier. By god, WB/DC does it and they're criticized and downvoted for having a terrible, dark, gritty story that focuses too much on those pesky thought provoking ideas (religion, god, man, power, saviors). It's execution may be in question, but that still doesn't change the content. 

Yeah, problem was, those thought provoking themes in BvS was executed poorly.

If a drunk man on the street shouts "Religion! Slavery! Man or god? Genocide!", it doesn't mean he's any less drunk.

I saw this last night. I enjoyed the movie. They did a far better job of building conflict in this movie than BvS. Not only that they actually managed to nail the characters. Black Panther was awesome. Hell they even nailed Spiderman.

crissindahouse said:
Lawlight said:

The C translated to a score of 2.5/5. Not sure how 5/10 counts as fresh. In any case, the average score in now 7.6/10.

GameAnalyser said:
crissindahouse said:

MOS steel has an average weighted score of 6.2/10 and it deserves fresh instead of Rotten 55. On the other hand we see marginally better 7.7/10 getting 91 for CW shows how flawed the score highlighting is in that site. It's a hack site. 

The problem is that people don't know how RT works. From a score perspective, Man of Steel rates about as well as most of the MCU movies.

It added another $20M from the existing international markets. $25M from Thursday previews which is lower than the $27M that BVS and AoU did, although it won't have a multiplier as bad as BVS. A massive $30M from China's Friday opening. Monster total by the end of the week.

Lawlight said:

crissindahouse said:

The C translated to a score of 2.5/5. Not sure how 5/10 counts as fresh. In any case, the average score in now 7.6/10.

I think ultimately the critics are given the choice to give it either the rotten or fresh rating. RT don't have a middle ground like MC with their 'mixed' catergory, so it's just the way RT is.

PS4/PS3/PC/3DS Owner (Will buy a Switch when mainline Pokemon game is released)