By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - 'Captain America: Civil War' Review Thread - 90% RT/75 MC score - WW BO = $991.0M/DOM = $314.2M

These critics are sad

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Volterra_90 said:

No, but you said that every Hollywood movie is "a fest of explosions and bad writing". That's not true. There are some movies which fit what you said, and some of them which don't, so... It's not about some movie being shit, of course they exist, it's about Hollywood being all shit. 

You know what I mean, in an overall picture. It's obvious that there are exceptions, but those are so rare now. Most of the blockbusters are the same: CGI, explosions, nosense story, forgettable soundtrack.

Edit: And you missed the main problem: overrated.

you're casting such blanket statements.  What I was saying when I quoted you is that ALL MCU films, let alone all Hollywood films, cannot be stereotyped because they vary VASTLY in quality.  Look at Incredible Hulk and compare that to Winter Soldier.  Almost every aspect of the later is better.

I am Iron Man

Lawlight said:
Volterra_90 said:

Yep, there are some films that are almost unwatchable and it's all about boom, explosion, fight, CGI, another explosion. I don't think MCU films fall in that category though, but that's a matter of tastes. There are fight scenes, explosions and CGI, but that's not everything they are imo. I'm talking more about Transformers movies, that level of shitiness, they are ALL about that. 

You're right but some of the Marvel movies aren't far off. Transformers are literally 1/10 for me. Some of the MCU movies are 3/10.

can't put any MCU films that low.  Hell even BvS I'd give a 4/10 for Batfleck and Irons' scenes.  Only superhero movies I'd go 3/10 or lower on are Origins Wolverine, ASM2, Superman 4, Superman 3, Fan4stick (that one is a rare definite 0/10)

I am Iron Man

New tracking estimates

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/captain-america-civil-war-tracking-884792

There's going to be premiers at France tonight plus at Germany and Singapore on the weekend. We can expect more international reviews plus a few still from the US premiere.

PS4/PS3/PC/3DS Owner (Will buy a Switch when mainline Pokemon game is released)

Half a dozen reviews got added or so. A few from UK publishers. Fresh percentage went up, although average rating went down.

So Hideo Kojima really loved it! That's a wrap folks.

PS4/PS3/PC/3DS Owner (Will buy a Switch when mainline Pokemon game is released)

Around the Network

If Kojima-san says so I believe!

Kojima got paid off! :P. (I'm joking, do not take it too seriously lol).

So, so far, we've only got reviews from people who were invited to the premieres?

Lawlight said:
So, so far, we've only got reviews from people who were invited to the premieres?

There are some indepedent reviewers on Youtube, like Jeremy Jahns, who have also seen the movie and reviewed accordingly. It's not saying much but i guess some people probably got some connections and got to see it early. Winter Soldier was pretty damn good, so I can't imagine this movie dissapointing than that and critics agree. I don't think there is a bias or these people were held at gun point to give good reviews just cause they got to see it early, if that is what you are implying. 

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Lawlight said:

I think so. To clear your doubts, I think we'll have to wait until the official premiere, which is the 29th in Europe at least!