By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U owners; is Wii U your only gaming platform?

?

Yes 76 18.54%

No, I have a 3DS/PS4/Xbox/PC/etc 334 81.46%

Total:410

Hell no, I alswo own a 3DS and a PS4. Can you imagine life with the Wii U as your only console? Depressing...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Currently yes, my PS3 broke last year and i recently sold my 3DS with the intent to upgrade to New 3DS but for some reason i have yet to do so.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
potato_hamster said:
I am not the least bit surprised that almost every Wii U owner that has responded owns a 3DS.

just like it wouldnt be surprising to hear most Vita owners are also PS3/4 owners.

Of course not. In fact I wouldn't be surprised at all if a higher pecentage of Vita owners are PS3/4 owners than 3DS owners are Wii U owners. In fact I'm one of these people. I even own a PS TV (and feel the $12 I paid for it was too much).

But this would further cement the idea that if the NX is two platforms that play the same games that it would actually lead to a decrease in combinedhardware sales, as most Wii U owners own a 3DS, and thus would have less incentive to buy both if they both play the same games they did last generation. I see a lot of people when discussing this idea just combining 3DS and Wii U sales as the bare minimum the NX would sell with this concept, and i personally think this is a bit silly.

Wii-U/PS4/3DS/(PC)

Perfect setup.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

potato_hamster said:
zorg1000 said:

just like it wouldnt be surprising to hear most Vita owners are also PS3/4 owners.

Of course not. In fact I wouldn't be surprised at all if a higher pecentage of Vita owners are PS3/4 owners than 3DS owners are Wii U owners. In fact I'm one of these people. I even own a PS TV (and feel the $12 I paid for it was too much).

But this would further cement the idea that if the NX is two platforms that play the same games that it would actually lead to a decrease in combinedhardware sales, as most Wii U owners own a 3DS, and thus would have less incentive to buy both if they both play the same games they did last generation. I see a lot of people when discussing this idea just combining 3DS and Wii U sales as the bare minimum the NX would sell with this concept, and i personally think this is a bit silly.

Well like i have said to you many times, you arent taking into consideration the potential for people who own neither a 3DS or Wii U to purchase one form of NX if it is indeed a unified setup.

It is very possible that somebody may be interested in a few 3DS games and a few Wii U games but arent willing to spend money on either device just for a few games, however these people may be more willing to buy a single device if it can play all of those games.

And again you arent taking into account the potential for Nintendo to diversify their library and make new IP at a faster rate. Splatoon was a big deal because it was a heavily marketed new IP in a new gente for Nintendo, instead of this being a once in a generation type of event we could potentially get multiple games like that.

And you arent talking into account that these devices could potentially recieve better support. 3DS didnt support Unity for the majority of its life and Wii U doesnt have Unreal 4 support, if NX supports both than its possible that 3rd parties will support it more.

And another thing that you arent taking into account are various potential improvements to system features such as no region locking, improved online services, cross buy/play/save, increased multimedia features, etc.

There are alot of potential things that can get non-3DS/Wii U owners to purchase an NX, nobody is simply saying that combining handhelds & consoles into a single family will fix all of Nintendo's problems or that alone will tremendously increase their sales, obviously there are other things they need to fix and improve on.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

I currently have a PS4 / PS Vita / WiiU (and a capable PC, but I rarely use it for gaming).

I am not intending to get NX, but I am considering getting either an XBox One Slim or a PSVR this fall / winter.

3DS & Wii U

The 80% of respondents should make it clear why 3rd party games haven't done well on U. Almost everyone has another - usually better - option for buying the games.

zorg1000 said:
potato_hamster said:

Well like i have said to you many times, you arent taking into consideration the potential for people who own neither a 3DS or Wii U to purchase one form of NX if it is indeed a unified setup.

It is very possible that somebody may be interested in a few 3DS games and a few Wii U games but arent willing to spend money on either device just for a few games, however these people may be more willing to buy a single device if it can play all of those games.

And again you arent taking into account the potential for Nintendo to diversify their library and make new IP at a faster rate. Splatoon was a big deal because it was a heavily marketed new IP in a new gente for Nintendo, instead of this being a once in a generation type of event we could potentially get multiple games like that.

And you arent talking into account that these devices could potentially recieve better support. 3DS didnt support Unity for the majority of its life and Wii U doesnt have Unreal 4 support, if NX supports both than its possible that 3rd parties will support it more.

And another thing that you arent taking into account are various potential improvements to system features such as no region locking, improved online services, cross buy/play/save, increased multimedia features, etc.

There are alot of potential things that can get non-3DS/Wii U owners to purchase an NX, nobody is simply saying that combining handhelds & consoles into a single family will fix all of Nintendo's problems or that alone will tremendously increase their sales, obviously there are other things they need to fix and improve on.

Well that's all fine and dandy, and you're right all of those things could potentially lead to bigger sales. But, you aren't taking into account that all of the latest rumors point to the NX handheld as not even existing, and the NX home that we have heard about appears to be nothing more than a Wii U 2 that's slightly  more powerful than aPS4 with the same expensive Wii U controller. To be honest, that might work if the timing weren't so horrifically bad.

But that's neither here nor there. This isn't a conversation for this thread.

Kotastic said:
I feel sorry for anyone that said yes, lol. Go out in the ocean sometime.

Why do you feel sorry for these people? Between my Wii U and my 3DS, I have way more games than I ever have time to play. Between a full-time job, a social life with friends and dating and an active and healthy lifestyle that keeps me in the gym, games come out faster than I can play them, even on near-dead consoles like those. Perhaps if more people were to "go out into the ocean" of life sometime, they'd know what I mean.