By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U owners; is Wii U your only gaming platform?

?

Yes 76 18.54%

No, I have a 3DS/PS4/Xbox/PC/etc 334 81.46%

Total:410

I have a Wii U, PS4, 3DS and GameCube. Obviously I also play Wii games on my Wii U and VC games spanning DS,N64,NES,SNES and GBA. I personally think Wii U is Nintendo's best console to date, the games, although not as many as one would like, have been of the highest quality. Off TV play straight out of the box is the best thing this gen has had to offer, so convenient.

Around the Network
MegaDrive08 said:
The other systems dont interest me in the slightest, the way the industry is going my next console will be a retro one.

Just keep your Wii U and play all the VC and Wii gems, that's what I'm doing. I wont be getting an NX, I don't have funds to keep upgrading hardware and I have enough gaming at my disposal for years to come.

zippy said:
MegaDrive08 said:
The other systems dont interest me in the slightest, the way the industry is going my next console will be a retro one.

Just keep your Wii U and play all the VC and Wii gems, that's what I'm doing. I wont be getting an NX, I don't have funds to keep upgrading hardware and I have enough gaming at my disposal for years to come.

Yeah im keeping my WiiU, gonna start hitting the VC and indie games need an external harddrive though, that Xenoblade X patch took most of my memory and also downloading Fast Racing Neo didnt help lol, i got enough room to get Freedom Planet though.

Barkley said:
This question doesn't really work on a gaming community site, the type of people that only own one gaming platform aren't really going to be on here. Its quite strange to think people would be on a site such as this and only own one platform, obviously a few will but if your question was to determine how many of the wiiu user base only own a WiiU your question is completely redundant.

If you own a Wii U, very good chance you are a hobbyist and by extension likely to own multiple systems and attend online gaming sites. The system has no substantial presence with the casual crowd. Kids don't play on Wii U, they play on phones/tablets.

WiiU, PS4, Xbox One, 3DS.

I had a Vita but finally sold it (didn't have the need for multiple portables).

Honestly can't remember the last time I turned on my Wii U...

Around the Network

3DS and PC are all I got, though my PC isn't that great

Got a Wii U, Xbox One and PS4 this gen and a good gaming PC that I don't intend to use any more but I suppose its still there until it decided to stop working.

In addition to WiiU, I own a PS4, X1, 3DS, PSV, and PC. Plus I'm still playing through a bunch of PS3, X360, and Wii games.

As you can imagine, my backlog is pretty much insurmountable at this point.

I do have other consoles, like the 3DS and older consoles. Plus my PC can play small games. Though I do have a lot of Wii U games I need to play and could keep me busy for awhile, but I'm just busy myself.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Nuvendil said:
Well, this poll and the thread really proves my point that the whole "[insert game here] only has succeeded on Wii U because Wii U owners are starved and the game has no competition" argument is dumb for the most part. The overwhelming majority have a PS4, Xbone, or competent PC and possibly a 3DS or even Vita. Consoles aren't like countries, you don't have to go through a thirty step process to get dual citizenship :P

You're looking at different results than me. The majority only have a Wii U and 3DS, and a PC. We have no idea whether those PCs are competent or not for the most part. For all we know they're using those PCs for web browsing and word proessing, etc.

The trend based on the results in this thread so far:

Most Wii U gamers also have a 3DS.
Most Wii U gamers do not also have an X1 or PS4.

This really shouldn't be a surpise to anyone.  For example, I bet you don't know of anyone that owns 2-3 PS Vitas, but it seems pretty common amongst Nintendo fans to own multiple versions of the 3DS. Of course, not even the majority of 3DS owners are that way, but I do know of one person that owns 5 3DSs and just pre-ordered the Super Famicom 3DS from Japan. In my experience Nintendo fans appear to be very very loyal to the breed.