By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Your hobbies outside of games? VGChartz Show and Tell.

I...

Only play games!!! 18 17.31%

I dabble in other art forms/hobbies. 32 30.77%

I do more outside of gaming, than gaming, 44 42.31%

Game and VGChartz...what else is there? 10 9.62%

Total:104

I like to lift weights(currently focused on powerlifting), reading, running, coaching wrestling(4-12 yr olds currently), coaching football, retro gaming, writing, BJJ/MMA(since 2000), shooting, fishing, camping, hunting and I'm looking into getting into modeling. I'm also getting into board games(Pandemic, Legendary Encounters, X-Wing).

Modeling looks fun, but I've only just started learning how to build joints and shape the plastic. I haven't done any builds besides a few small boxes. I just started messing with it a few weeks ago.

I started lifting in 2011 and fell in love. I feel like a whole new person.

I was heavy into MMA from 19-30, but kids and injuries slowed me down . I tried to get back heavy into MMA last year, but dislocated my lower leg at the first live spar. I mostly just do BJJ now and occasionally spar. I also teach defensive tactics for a living so I had to slow down the wear and tear on my body I'm 35 now.

I also have some strange obsession with building furniture even though I've never done it. Weird. I do like to stain wood though. I've built some shelves( if that counts as furniture) and the stain turned out very well.

Around the Network

Reading, running and mountain biking

I love cooking. Also, I used to run a wiki until a year ago, but I lost the drive for it after more than six years and some disputes.

After stopping for nearly 3 years i finnaly started doing bodybuilding again.
Been 2 months now and i feel great.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

I follow gaming and hardware news.. but

When im creative I make things on my pc.. Themes/setups for different things (that very often includes many hours of working on differnt pictures/baggrounds) and also different youtube videos.. another thing I love.. is to design and make things in wood.

Latest project was a (perfect.. 100%) Visualpinball/hypercade setup (took very long time just to get the software right) and build a pinball cabinet/machine for it.

My next project will proberly be a touch jukebox. (I allready made the setup for Wincab)

Around the Network
Machina said:
avrwc2 said:

Used to be Amazon's #1 reviewer - not bad given that some 20-30,000,000 people post reviews there.

Been a 'top 10 reviewer' for 7-8 years, currently at #16.

How many reviews have you done for them to be at #16 after all these years? I imagine there's a bit of (self-imposed) competition at that sort of rank.

Do companies contact you to try and get you to review their products by sending you free samples at all?

John2290 said:

You should take up photography, I was the same way back in 2011-12, going out on morning walks just before sunrise and nature viewing aoround the outskirts of town, the lake and park near my place snapping pics with my phone and then window shopping until 10am and coming back to get to work, some evening going to my family hoe in the country to cycle, view nature in a more unaltered state and stargaze.

One particular spring morning on a walk, I found a bridge camera (A digital camera with DSLR settings) I put all the money I had on it and it led to a fantastic hobby and a reason to go on nature walks, I've upgraded twice noe to DSLR entry then mid grade and a range of ltelescopic enses, This and cycling have brought me so many great memories, not just solitery but with family also and lifted the notion in my head that I was a bit nuts but if you feel a call back to nature, you have to take it, People just weren't supposed to live in concrete shackles and once you do you'll even find beauty in the strangest of places, like in a town/city, no matter what run dow part it is..

Really hope you do, its not even that expensive if you start with a bridge camera (30x zoom, make sure its optical zoom and it takes RAW format photos) and you'll fall in love.

Hmm. I enjoy watching the birds (they're very social animals and they interact with one another in some surprisingly human ways) but I can't say I've ever felt the urge to photograph them.

Actually, I've been a 'top 10' reviewer for 7-8 years and was a #1 reviewer on and off. Dropped out of top 10 in 2015.

Yes, companies do contact me. I get about 60-70 review requests in a typical day but I only accept 1 or 2, or none.

And, NO, I do not get paid by Amazon or anyone else. Like the thread suggests, it's a hobby, not a job. My loyalties are with those who need help making a better informed buying decision, not with the marketers. However, as a Vine program member, Amazon lets me pick items I want to review but, believe it or not, they count as 'income' - it's complicated. Independent vendors would issue 99% off or 100% off coupons but they never get a promise of a 'good' review and I never give them a good review if their product sucks. I always try to be fair and helpful to the buyer, not the vendor.

By the way, I became a 'top' reviewer after my reveiws of PS3 and related stuff became popular.

I enjoy many things outside of gaming.

-Camping/hiking/kayaking

-Riding my motorcycle

-Football (American)

-Photography

Reading, chess, swimming and watching tennis. Also, procrastination has been a lifelong hobby for me.

I like to lift things up and put them down. I train for savage races and the like, as I am kind of an adrenaline junky. I also like to visit new places and experience different cultures.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

John2290 said:
Shiken said:
I like to lift things up and put them down. I train for savage races and the like, as I am kind of an adrenaline junky. I also like to visit new places and experience different cultures.

Novel experiences plus learning is the best way to live in my opinion. Out of curiosity, do you experience new phenomonological emotions or unique vibes  when you learn of a new culture or way of living? I love this effect. 

Yes I do, and it is a major reason for why experiencing different cultures is so interesting to me.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261