By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Your hobbies outside of games? VGChartz Show and Tell.

I...

Only play games!!! 18 17.31%

I dabble in other art forms/hobbies. 32 30.77%

I do more outside of gaming, than gaming, 44 42.31%

Game and VGChartz...what else is there? 10 9.62%

Total:104

Some really interesting responses i will reply to them after this.

Um. I too lift weights. I would say im maybe a intermediate lifter. My goal is to hit 245 Lbs in weight on myself, i am currently at 165 lbs (lol). I am willing to see how things go when i hit 200lbs. Thats my long term goal short term is to do the 1000 pound club. I am 60 pounds off and thats without particularly aiming and just going heavy in weights from day to day. I go to the gym anywhere from 4 to 6 days a week. Im not all about the numbers im more into doing what i can to cause me to gain size. So i guess thats bodybuilding. Contemplating starting a fitness instagram.

I am or was a artist. Between work and my job i dont really have the time much anymore. I used to draw all the time and in high school i was able to do a lot of things. Not so much anymore. I do anything from watercolor to pencil, ink, acrylic, worked in pastels before, wouldnt say im an oil painter though. Here is my Deviant (http://thejamaicamecrazy.deviantart.com/gallery/) this is my older deviant that has my older pictures (http://inlovebutunwanted.deviantart.com/).

That brings me to my job. I am soon to become a restaurant manager. Currently just an hourly but I am close. Been working at this company for 10 years now. Once im there i can purchase a house and provide for my family properly.

Other interest of mine fabrication building of things. Think Adam Savage (mythbusters), im a huge tested fan. I will build an Iron Man suit 1 day. Electric cars. Football (american). Huge movie buff (JUNGLE BOOK TOMORROW!) love quoting movies. Was a frequent youtube uploader (battlefield 3/4 mostly) i was a jet pilot #2 on the ps3 at one point actually. Thats about it.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

Around the Network

I collect comic books, Play Arts Kai comic figures, SAO figures, Pop vinyl figures, and various comic statues.

John2290 said:

Ill add you on deviant. Keep up the nice pics. And GJ on the thread.

S.Peelman said:

Thats a very interesting hobby. Very cool.

Arlo said:

Thats great man. My son is obsessed with youtube content providers. from FGTV to Minecraft vids to unboxing. Hes even tried to do his own (hes 5). Same with the writing never stop. Never know when you'll get your break.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

Seriously nobody else has said this as a hobby?....okay fine.....

......sex.

All seriousness aside, I also use to play Yugioh (before Syncro summons killed it), watch movies/shows/anime, draw by hand and computer, starting up board games when I have friends over.

V-r0cK said:

......sex.

We are a bunch of geeks on a gaming website. Think about that for a second.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
V-r0cK said:

......sex.

Well I'd like to stray away from the sterotypes of our hobbies and I like to think that among us VGC members there are a plenty of us that are normal and have a healty social life such as myself.  Clearly I can't be the only one. =)

V-r0cK said:
The Fury said:

Well I'd like to stray away from the sterotypes of our hobbies and I like to think that among us VGC members there are a plenty of us that are normal and have a healty social life such as myself.  Clearly I can't be the only one. =)

I am a gamer who has been with the same woman for almost 10 years.

Sex is like a unicorn at this point.

V-r0cK said:

I know but sometimes it's all in good sarcastic humour.  

This said, not sure how many people would class it as a hobby though, when people think hobbies they think of collecting things or doing a certain sport for fun.

Hmm, pie.

Mine is bodybuilding. I hit the gym 5 times a week.

I used to be a couch potato and obese until my doctor told me to seriously consider exercising because my test results were very poor.

I signed up a gym membership 7yrs ago, and got hooked. Dropped from 130kg to 70kg and maintaining it.

Video games is still my number 1 love though.

“Ore no... Kachi da!”

Cooking. I hope I can make it my full time job in the future.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"