By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Your hobbies outside of games? VGChartz Show and Tell.

I...

Only play games!!! 18 17.31%

I dabble in other art forms/hobbies. 32 30.77%

I do more outside of gaming, than gaming, 44 42.31%

Game and VGChartz...what else is there? 10 9.62%

Total:104

i love music, anime and good videogames = )
overall: fantasy = ) (movies, series, story-games)

Around the Network
The Fury said:
V-r0cK said:

Well I'd like to stray away from the sterotypes of our hobbies and I like to think that among us VGC members there are a plenty of us that are normal and have a healty social life such as myself.  Clearly I can't be the only one. =)

I know but sometimes it's all in good sarcastic humour.  

This said, not sure how many people would class it as a hobby though, when people think hobbies they think of collecting things or doing a certain sport for fun.

lol of course its good humour =)

Sex can be considered a sport if you think about it lol.

I consider a hobby is doing something (in this case, someone) for fun =P

bonkeng said:
Mine is bodybuilding. I hit the gym 5 times a week.

I used to be a couch potato and obese until my doctor told me to seriously consider exercising because my test results were very poor.

I signed up a gym membership 7yrs ago, and got hooked. Dropped from 130kg to 70kg and maintaining it.

Video games is still my number 1 love though.

That's awesome! Keep up the amazing work!

I am play ice hockey. I play goalie. I just spent more on pads than I have spent on video games, consoles and accessories in the past 4 years.

I got nothing on photography nuts though. Now that is an expensive hobby.

I love drawing, exercising, traveling, talking to girls, reading, watching movies, shopping, going to the Ocean, hanging out with friends, studying history, science, and psychology. Theres more but that all came from the top of my head XD

Anfebious said:
Cooking. I hope I can make it my full time job in the future.

Oh yeah, cooking!

Around the Network

Sex

Working out. I used to do BJJ but got tired of something on my body hurting all the time. I was basically in pain somewhere on my body for over two years. After that I said this isn't worth it.

I love reading, mostly fiction. And I also really like watching movies and trying to analyze the hell out of the more complex ones. Discovering new music and artists is challenging but extremely rewarding for me.

I used to write and draw several years ago, but I kinda got rusty at those. And time and motivation aren't on my favor to pick it up.

I also like to program and tinker with some languages like C++, Java, VB and others, and also learning what they don't teach at school.

I'm not a chef by any means, but I really like to cook. I always ask others for pointers on how to properly cook some recipes to learn to better myself.

I'm also a collector of things of the... synthetic kind. A few will know what I'm talking about.

John2290 said:
Scary4Eva said:
I read a lot and I blog. I also like watching movies and listening to music.

I enjoy writing and making crafts, but both of those are more than a hobby.

Blog or foruming? I never really understood what blogging was besides keeping an online journal on the net. You could turn your love of rading and writing into writing fiction in your prefered genre. You never know where it may take you and it costs nothing besides time, patience and all of your aquired knowledge and with the internet, research has never been so freely available.

I write fiction, poetry, and short stories. I'm working on some books and I submit poetry and short stories to magazines.

Blogging can be an online journal, but not everyone uses blogging as an online journal. Some make book blogs and they post reviews, information about new books, cover reveals, etc. Some people have gaming blogs, some have fashion blogs, and so on. My blog is personal, but I also post book reviews, things about games and movies. I just post about whatever I feel like.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

My hobbies out side of games are, work, family, friends, eat, sleep, bathroom throne sitting, love making, etc...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4