By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Your hobbies outside of games? VGChartz Show and Tell.

I...

Only play games!!! 18 17.31%

I dabble in other art forms/hobbies. 32 30.77%

I do more outside of gaming, than gaming, 44 42.31%

Game and VGChartz...what else is there? 10 9.62%

Total:104

I read, a lot, though it could sort of be construed as a part of my work, but I've been reading since I was two and books are my favorite thing. Have a growing collection of first edition books, none of which I've bought myself, just that I'm apparently difficult to buy a gift for and given my affinity for books some family thought it would be a good way to cover their own bases on special events. I guess it helps fill out my personal library a bit but honestly, I find the practice silly. It doesn't matter when it was published as long as the words are intact.

Also been practicing iaido and kendo for some time now.

Around the Network

Reading
Board Games
Brewing Beer
Going to the gym
Listening to music

zorg1000 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Awesome, what weight class?

i competed anywhere from 145 to 155. im fat now tho lol over 200

Oooops? Hmmm height?

Used to be Amazon's #1 reviewer - not bad given that some 20-30,000,000 people post reviews there.

Been a 'top 10 reviewer' for 7-8 years, currently at #16.

tak13 said:
zorg1000 said:

i competed anywhere from 145 to 155. im fat now tho lol over 200

Oooops? Hmmm height?

5' 10"-11"

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
tak13 said:

Oooops? Hmmm height?

5' 10"-11"

That's 169cm? Oh zorg start a diet ( your weight is quite excessive for you height)...  Either you eat so much junk food or your wife is a great cook or Nintendo stick you to the couch in front of your tv! heheeheh

tak13 said:
zorg1000 said:

5' 10"-11"

That's 169cm? Oh zorg start a diet ( your weight is quite excessive for you height)...  Either you eat so much junk food or your wife is a great cook or Nintendo stick you to the couch in front of your tv! heheeheh

haha thanks buddy

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
tak13 said:

haha thanks buddy

i didn't ask though, if some of this excessive weight is muscles! Anyway, at you current weight can't you return to the  sport, is there a limit?

I'm a dancer and would love to be a professional dancer someday. I'm also going to audition for So You Think You Can Dance? Someday. In the next few years.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Machina said:
Nothing particularly productive. Watching (and rating) TV shows and movies, reading (mostly sci-fi and fantasy), following (and betting on) politics, and a bit of exercising.

Also, this'll make me sound like I'm 70 or something, but I like to feed and provide water for wild birds in our garden. I enjoy spending half an hour or so each day doing that and watching them interact. I'd love another dog or cat, in theory, but it's so painful when they die that I'm not sure I'll ever get another, so in the meantime I see looking after the wild birds as a sort of pet substitute.

John2290 said:
Machina said:
Nothing particularly productive. Watching (and rating) TV shows and movies, reading (mostly sci-fi and fantasy), following (and betting on) politics, and a bit of exercising.

Also, this'll make me sound like I'm 70 or something, but I like to feed and provide water for wild birds in our garden. I enjoy spending half an hour or so each day doing that and watching them interact. I'd love another dog or cat, in theory, but it's so painful when they die that I'm not sure I'll ever get another, so in the meantime I see looking after the wild birds as a sort of pet substitute.

You should take up photography, I was the same way back in 2011-12, going out on morning walks just before sunrise and nature viewing aoround the outskirts of town, the lake and park near my place snapping pics with my phone and then window shopping until 10am and coming back to get to work, some evening going to my family hoe in the country to cycle, view nature in a more unaltered state and stargaze.

One particular spring morning on a walk, I found a bridge camera (A digital camera with DSLR settings) I put all the money I had on it and it led to a fantastic hobby and a reason to go on nature walks, I've upgraded twice noe to DSLR entry then mid grade and a range of ltelescopic enses, This and cycling have brought me so many great memories, not just solitery but with family also and lifted the notion in my head that I was a bit nuts but if you feel a call back to nature, you have to take it, People just weren't supposed to live in concrete shackles and once you do you'll even find beauty in the strangest of places, like in a town/city, no matter what run dow part it is..

Really hope you do, its not even that expensive if you start with a bridge camera (30x zoom, make sure its optical zoom and it takes RAW format photos) and you'll fall in love.

Quite similar situations, though as a child my mom had a dark room in the house and I think that's where I got my interest in photography from.  Mainly screwing around in my 20's, but in my 30's I definitely got more interested.  As with Machina, I too enjoy feeding the wild birds in the back yard (not a garden, but we have several feeders).  I have my camera on a tripod, pointed out there at all times so I just need to turn it on and focus :)

As with you, I enjoy just going out on walks (there's a river behind my house), though I definitely enjoy the solitary aspect of it.  Just sitting down and....watching. :)   Cool stuff!