By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers Rumour: There's a lot of Wii U ports coming to NX

PwerlvlAmy said:
If its true, I hope no one treats it as a negative towards Nintendo since every one and their mamas(third party,sony,microsoft) have been doing this exact same thing

It will be interesting to see what games the decide are ''worthy'' of a port

i cant see myself buying any of them

On the other hand, everyone and their mothers were treating it as a negative towards all the other publisher that did so.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Nautilus said:
This does not necessarily mean no BC, since the ports could well be a definitive version of Smash and XCX for example, games that would benifit from the extra power and/or getting all DLC in one package.Though yeah, that makes NX having BC harder to believe.

I very doubt Nintendo would make Remaster of so many Wii U games if NX have BC, if this is true its almost certain that NX will not have BC.

Yes, yes I agree with you.I just wanted to say that this is not definitive, though it heavily implies no BC

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Soundwave said:
I think Splatoon will come early because it was such a big hit in Japan but had its legs cut off completely due to being on the Wii U and Wii U's stock/discontinuation.

They could add new areas and a few new modes I'm sure easily and bump the graphics up a notch to 1080P.

Maybe, but they could easily make Splatoon 2 for May. 2018.

Nautilus said:
Miyamotoo said:

I very doubt Nintendo would make Remaster of so many Wii U games if NX have BC, if this is true its almost certain that NX will not have BC.

Yes, yes I agree with you.I just wanted to say that this is not definitive, though it heavily implies no BC

Nothing is definite until Nintendo say itself. :)

The only way I see Nintendo porting over MK8 is if the dev team is using the game as an early test run to see what's possible on the NX. I see Nintendo probably porting more games that hovered around that million mark(Bayonetta 2, XCX) so Nintendo can actually rake in more sells. Hopefully many can get the WWHD treatment and get graphical overhauls in 6-8 months. I can definitely see Smash4, SMM and Zelda U getting the port treatment, just because Smash4 and SMM have been such revolving games that Nintendo may start to just treat their software like an OS and release gradual updates over time. Zelda just needs a broader landscape than what WiiU is able to offer to sell to its full potential. Hopefully the game isn't a simple port and takes full advantage of the hardware though!

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Soundwave said:
I think Splatoon will come early because it was such a big hit in Japan but had its legs cut off completely due to being on the Wii U and Wii U's stock/discontinuation.

They could add new areas and a few new modes I'm sure easily and bump the graphics up a notch to 1080P.

Maybe, but they could easily make Splatoon 2 for May. 2018.

Yep, this is the most probable outcome, Splatoon 2 for the second year of the NX, to keep the system going. They could freely expand the game without the limitations of it being a new IP (and the fears that come from that risk).

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I think there will still be digital BC. They're using the NX as an excuse to reuse Smash, MK, and probably Splatoon by adding more content so they aren't pressured to supply them with sequels so quickly into the NXs life. I already said it, you're not seeing sequels to most of these games for a long time.

And Zelda will be the same game but at 1080p 60fps instead of 720p 30fps on Wii U. Basically the MGSV situation.

2018 is way too late for Splatoon 2. They will want that within the first year. Splatoon isn't some mega epic RPG, the development of the first game was relatively fast (done in just under 2 years which includes lengthy concept testing, the actual game itself was basically developed in a year).

I think Nintendo wants the "trinity" of Mario Maker + Smash + Splatoon much earlier in the NX's lifecycle.

Splatoon is the new Nintendo star franchise, they need to get it out quickly. 

spemanig said:

I think there will still be digital BC. They're using the NX as an excuse to reuse Smash, MK, and probably Splatoon by adding more content so they aren't pressured to supply them with sequels so quickly into the NXs life. I already said it, you're not seeing sequels to most of these games for a long time.

And Zelda will be the same game but at 1080p 60fps instead of 720p 30fps on Wii U. Basically the MGSV situation.

I dont think there will be digital BC if they relasing so many remasters.

About 60 fps for 3D Zelda, we never had not one single 3D Zelda running on 60fps.

I don't think Smash is a mere port either ... I think it will be the GameCube and Wii games redone with new graphics on top of Smash U.

Just makes a lot of sense and would push lots of people to have to buy it even if the own the U/3DS game. 

I also would not be exactly stunned if the NX version of Zelda comes out *before* the Wii U version. They did it to Twilight Princess.