By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers Rumour: There's a lot of Wii U ports coming to NX

If I remember correctly we also had one of those 'veryfied' Gaf/Reddit leakers saying there will be no backwards compatibility.

If they are doing ports/remasters I whish they'd give it artificial bc at least. Put in your WiiU disk, maybe pay a small fee on top of that to 'upgrade' and get the port digital, to play off your harddrive. They need to incetivise NX to WiiU owners somehow. They've invested in that console, forcing them to rebuy games, full price, and the hassle of keeping several boxes around, is not a great payback to your most loyal customer base.

Around the Network
MarkusSpace said:
This is really bad news. If tgose are the NX games Nintendo is working on then the NX will be completely useless for Wii U owner for one or two years. If people would have wanted those games they would have bought a Wii U.
If this is true I expect a PS4 situation with many ports and no real new games for two years. This is really bad.

That's not true for PS4. Speaking of exclusives it had Knack, KZ: SF, infamous: Second Son, MLB 14 AND 15, Driveclub, LBP 3, The Order, Bloodborne and Until Dawn in its first two years. Then there are the MANY new games made by third-party devs which do count.

MarkusSpace said:
This is really bad news. If tgose are the NX games Nintendo is working on then the NX will be completely useless for Wii U owner for one or two years. If people would have wanted those games they would have bought a Wii U.
If this is true I expect a PS4 situation with many ports and no real new games for two years. This is really bad.

I think you're off base. If some rumors are true about the NX potentially being very easy to port games to and program for, then it would not take Nintendo much of any work to toss over some Wii U titles onto it.

They've certainly been working on new titles for the NX. unless you seriously think all of their software studios have been sitting around doing nothing for the past year (which isn't the case). There are certainly new games in development. but why not take advantage of some of the recent releases? every console developer does it, whether its Sony or Microsoft you often see remastered or rereleased games on the next console, especially if its a game that came out late for the previous system

Zelda
Splatoon
MK8
Smash Bros 4

Done

Why do people keep crediting this person with Paper Mario when that rumour has been doing the rounds since 2014, even before E3 2015 the rumour surfaced again.

Around the Network
Ballas said:
MarkusSpace said:

That's not true for PS4. Speaking of exclusives it had Knack, KZ: SF, infamous: Second Son, MLB 14 AND 15, Driveclub, LBP 3, The Order, Bloodborne and Until Dawn in its first two years. Then there are the MANY new games made by third-party devs which do count.

You listed only one actual game. And it's a souls rehash. Bravo, Sony.

Moderated by - PwerlvlAmy

Plausible, if Nintendo is switching to x86 for the NX, then BC is pretty much out of the equation.

Boberkun said:
Ballas said:

You listed only one actual game. And it's a souls rehash. Bravo, Sony.

What? Lol nope, they are all games whether you acknowledge it or not. Having played some of those, I can say for sure that some of them like Infamous and Bloodborne are amazing games too, and Until Dawn is decent.

Not surprising at all. Some of the ported games will probably sell good numbers again.
Sm4sh and Zelda seem obvious. I would also really like to see a ported version of Xenoblade X with improved resolution, AA and less pop-up. Bayonetta 2 would also make sense if Nintendo wants to make a sequel.
Aside from that, Splatoon probably and if there is a controller like the gamepad - Super Mario Maker.

I don't expect Mario Kart 8 to be ported since im pretty sure that the next entry will be released in 2017.

Playing: F1 2016 (PC), Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)
Watching: Hajime no Ippo, Attack on Titan (4th time)
Upcoming purchases in October:
-TBD

Super Smash Bros. All-Stars
Splatoon 1.5
Legend of Zelda
Mario Maker 2.0

Sounds about right IMO.