By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers Rumour: There's a lot of Wii U ports coming to NX

Soundwave said:

2018 is way too late for Splatoon 2. They will want that within the first year. Splatoon isn't some mega epic RPG, the development of the first game was relatively fast (done in just under 2 years which includes lengthy concept testing, the actual game itself was basically developed in a year).

I think Nintendo wants the "trinity" of Mario Maker + Smash + Splatoon much earlier in the NX's lifecycle.

Splatoon is the new Nintendo star franchise, they need to get it out quickly. 

I dont see how year and half after launch of NX could be too late for Splatoon 2!? And if Nintendo wants they can make Splatoon 2 for holiday 2017, but that would be only two years and half after previous game. Also there is no much sense to realase Splatoon 2 in 2018 if they relase Splatoon Wii U on NX at end of 2016.

MK9 could easily come at end of 2017. or in 2018.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Soundwave said:

2018 is way too late for Splatoon 2. They will want that within the first year. Splatoon isn't some mega epic RPG, the development of the first game was relatively fast (done in just under 2 years which includes lengthy concept testing, the actual game itself was basically developed in a year).

I think Nintendo wants the "trinity" of Mario Maker + Smash + Splatoon much earlier in the NX's lifecycle.

Splatoon is the new Nintendo star franchise, they need to get it out quickly. 

I dont see how year and half after launch of NX could be too late for Splatoon 2!? And if Nintendo wants they can make Splatoon 2 for holiday 2017, but that would be only two years and half after previous game. Also there is no much sense to realase Splatoon 2 in 2018 if they relase Splatoon Wii U on NX at end of 2016.

Splatoon I think struck a nerve with a new generation of gamers in Japan, specifically those who maybe don't even care about Mario or Zelda or Nintendo's 30 year old franchises. As in younger kids/millenials who did not grow up in the 80s/90s. 

So I think if they want those kids to stay engaged with Splatoon ... the earlier the better. May 2017 even would be like two years after Splatoon 1, that's plenty of time, I think Splatoon Remaster/1.5 or whether they make a full blown sequel will have a lot of content from the first game anyway (arenas and weapons) because not everyone will have had the chance to play the first game. 

Soundwave said:

I don't think Smash is a mere port either ... I think it will be the GameCube and Wii games redone with new graphics on top of Smash U.

Just makes a lot of sense and would push lots of people to have to buy it even if the own the U/3DS game. 

I also would not be exactly stunned if the NX version of Zelda comes out *before* the Wii U version. They did it to Twilight Princess. 

Hardly, Smash Bros for NX is most likely Smash Bros 4 with all DLCs and with some new stages and characters, probably will include whole content from 3DS version too.

Miyamotoo said:
Soundwave said:

I don't think Smash is a mere port either ... I think it will be the GameCube and Wii games redone with new graphics on top of Smash U.

Just makes a lot of sense and would push lots of people to have to buy it even if the own the U/3DS game. 

I also would not be exactly stunned if the NX version of Zelda comes out *before* the Wii U version. They did it to Twilight Princess. 

Hardly, Smash Bros for NX is most likely Smash Bros 4 with all DLCs and with some new stages and characters, probably will include whole content from 3DS version too.

We will see. A port of a recently released game just with DLC ain't gonna cut it I don't think, redoing the graphics for Smash Melee and Brawl shouldn't be terribly difficult. 

Soundwave said:
Miyamotoo said:

Splatoon I think struck a nerve with a new generation of gamers in Japan, specifically those who maybe don't even care about Mario or Zelda or Nintendo's 30 year old franchises. As in younger kids/millenials who did not grow up in the 80s/90s. 

So I think if they want those kids to stay engaged with Splatoon ... the earlier the better. May 2017 even would be like two years after Splatoon 1, that's plenty of time, I think Splatoon Remaster/1.5 or whether they make a full blown sequel will have a lot of content from the first game anyway (arenas and weapons) because not everyone will have had the chance to play the first game. 

Yes, if they port Splatoon it will be mostly because Japan market, but if Nintendo really wants to push Splatoon, they can make Splatoon 2 redde for 2017. holiday season, so there is no need for Splatoon Wii U port.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Miyamotoo said:

We will see. A port of a recently released game just with DLC ain't gonna cut it I don't think, redoing the graphics for Smash Melee and Brawl shouldn't be terribly difficult. 

We will not have new Smash Bros in near future so it make sense to port Wii U Smash to NX, and Wii U Smash with all 3DS content, all DLC, and some new content would be more than enuf for solid port. There is no sense that Nintendo will bother with GC and Wii versions of Smash Bros when Wii U so much better.

Darwinianevolution said:
tsogud said:
Not to keen on the idea of the NX having a bunch of ports... but if it is to happen the other three could be Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, and either Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water or Star Fox Zero.

SMTxFE will eventually make its way to the NX, but I don't think it will be a launch title. Maybe they save it for a special occasion, maybe to launch the NX handheld in 2017 (Japan would love it) or to hype FE's 30th anniversary in 2020 (boy, the franchise is way older than it looks).

Yeah I agree. If it's going to be ported I could see this as a definite possibility.

Nintendo better lock in more 3rd party next gen or i wont be buying it.

Miyamotoo said:
Soundwave said:

We will not have new Smash Bros in near future so it make sense to port Wii U Smash to NX, and Wii U Smash with all 3DS content, all DLC, and some new content would be more than enuf for solid port. There is no sense that Nintendo will bother with GC and Wii versions of Smash Bros when Wii U so much better.

They're all pretty distinct and different games. Besides everyone else is doing it ... Uncharted is Uncharted Collection, Master Chief Collection ... if we're not having a Smash for a long time why not put all the Smash games on one disc. 

There's characters missing from the Wii U/3DS versions and tons of stages/arenas not present from previous games with a wealth of great music tracks too. 

This is the *entertainment* business too, not a 8th grader's mentality of doing their homework where just enough is "good enough". Nintendo needs to bring out all the stops with the NX early on or basically they are finished as a hardware maker, so doing the bare minimum and thinking that's good enough is a mentality Nintendo needs to get rid of ASAP. 

imho I don't think we'll be seeing ports of MK8, Smash 4, or Splatoon like many others here believe. I think those games will have sold enough to not warrant a porting. If we are going to see these franchises on the NX it will be in the form of sequels with MK9 releasing possibly in 2017, Splatoon 2 in 2018, and Smash 5 in either 2019 or 2020.

Like I said in my previous post, I think these three unknown ports will be between either Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Star Fox Zero, or Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water. Now that I think about it some more though Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, and XCX have a good potential of being ported as well.