By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers Rumour: There's a lot of Wii U ports coming to NX

It's so hard to think of only 3 titles that are likely to be ported, especially after the rumor we heard a few months ago about Bandai working on several games for NX, one of which beeing Smash for launch...

I think Smash is a given so we now have:

-Zelda
-Smash

The other two could be: Super Mario Maker, Pokkén (developed by Bandai), Xenoblade, Splatoon, Star Fox, Tokyo Mirage Sessions and maybe a couple others.

The games I expect to not be ported are: MK8, SM3DW, NSMBU, Captain Toad, The Wonderful 101

If I were to name 4 games (granted Emily might not know about some extra portings) I'd say:
-Zelda
-Smash
-Pokkén/Xenoblade
-Super Mario Maker

Edit: OH, I just now remembered, Xenoblade was downgraded by Monolith to run properly on WiiU, meaning that most of the work would be done if they decided to port it, much like SMM...

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Miyamotoo said:

You really can't compare Smash Bros Wii and Smash Bros Wii U with Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3. What's point having 3 Smash games, it doesn't make any sense.

Like I wrote, they can easily include some new stages and characters in NX version, maybe some from previus Smash games.

Of Course, and that's why there is no any sense to bother with GC and Wii version when Wii U version is better in any way.

Having all the stages and characters from all the Smash games doesn't make sense? I think it makes a lot of sense. I have Smash U with all the DLC, I wouldn't buy it again on NX, but add that in and it becomes a much broader compilation and they could even impliment different play styles from each of the installements as they all play a little differently. 

The U version is not considered the best by a lot of people, by the way. Actually what I'm saying though is not a port, I'm saying one game that has ALL those stages and characters available right from the get go in one massive new game, not "oh I'm going to switch now to Smash Melee from Smash U". 

Doesn't make any sense to have 3 Smash games like you wrote, you even compared Smash GC/Wii/Wii U with Uncharted Collection and Master Chief Collection, lol. Yes you can expect some characters and stages from previous Smash Bros, but expecting to have different play styles it's not realistic at all.

For most people Smash Bros 4 is definitive Smash Bros game with largest rooster ever and most content ever. Like I wrote, they can easily include some new stages and characters in NX version, and some from previous Smash games.

Miyamotoo said:
Soundwave said:

Having all the stages and characters from all the Smash games doesn't make sense? I think it makes a lot of sense. I have Smash U with all the DLC, I wouldn't buy it again on NX, but add that in and it becomes a much broader compilation and they could even impliment different play styles from each of the installements as they all play a little differently. 

The U version is not considered the best by a lot of people, by the way. Actually what I'm saying though is not a port, I'm saying one game that has ALL those stages and characters available right from the get go in one massive new game, not "oh I'm going to switch now to Smash Melee from Smash U". 

Doesn't make any sense to have 3 Smash games like you wrote, you even compared Smash GC/Wii/Wii U with Uncharted Collection and Master Chief Collection, lol. Yes you can expect some characters and stages from previous Smash Bros, but expecting to have different play styles it's not realistic at all.

For most people Smash Bros 4 is definitive Smash Bros game with largest rooster ever and most content ever. Like I wrote, they can easily include some new stages and characters in NX version, and some from previous Smash games.

Why have "some" just put every character in there. Ice Climbers, Snake, etc. because why not. "Porting" the game itself likely only takes a few months anyway.

It's not like a PS3-360 game takes a year to port to the PS4. 

Even stages ... it's not like Smash U in terms of polygonal complexity is the most demanding game, I think the old stages could be quickly redone and put into the game. 

The point is to sell systems here, not to do the bare minimum. 

At least 4?

Zelda, Smash, Mario 3D World and... Xenoblade or one of the Platinum games.

DélioPT said:
At least 4?

Mario Maker probably for sure I would think, especially for the portable NX. I think they wanted Mario Maker on the 3DS but it didn't have the horsepower to really get it done. 

I think later on games like Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Xenoblade X might get a shot too. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Miyamotoo said:

Why have "some" just put every character in there. Ice Climbers, Snake, etc. because why not. "Porting" the game itself likely only takes a few months anyway.

We cant relly know what exatly Nintendo will include in Smash Bros 4 port for NX (whole 3DS Smash content is very possible), but I doubt they will include evre character and stage from preivious Smash games.

DélioPT said:
At least 4?

I think all the Mario games besides SMM won't be ported, most of them sold well enough and aren't the ones that risk to make a loss for the company *hint hint Xenoblade*

EAD Tokyo will probably have an original Mario 3D game ready by the time late 2016-spring 2017 rolls around so there really isn't a need for a Mario port, but IP like Zelda and Smash Brothers, where the next installments of those franchises are likely years out, makes more sense to do it this way.

Soundwave said:
Miyamotoo said:

Even stages ... it's not like Smash U in terms of polygonal complexity is the most demanding game, I think the old stages could be quickly redone and put into the game. 

Fact is that wether they make a remaster including all 4 the smash games or simply smash 4 with added to the roster the characters of the other 3 that didn't make it on Wii U they'd have trouble with Konami for Solid Snake's appearance...

Luke888 said:
Soundwave said:

Fact is that wether they make a remaster including all 4 the smash games or simply smash 4 with added to the roster the characters of the other 3 that didn't make it on Wii U they'd have trouble with Konami for Solid Snake's appearance...

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo starts getting more Metal Gear games going forward. Kojima was biased towards Sony IMO now that he's gone Konami is going to put the franchise out on anything they can to make a buck.