By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers Rumour: There's a lot of Wii U ports coming to NX

Ports may make sense too if we consider the reported possible specs of the console NX as being PS4 or better ... that means Nintendo is going to be making an aprupt generational leap faster than they ever have, and we've seen already this leaps from PS3/360 to PS4/XB1 is no joke, Sony/MS and many third parties have had huge problems getting content finished on time.

It's probably imperative that Nintendo have some re-releases/re-purposed Wii U titles to pad out the system's first 12 months.

Zelda U + Pikmin 4 + Luigi's Mansion 3 + Diddy Kong Racing (?) as games that began development on Wii U but were either moved to the NX or will be dual release with the NX.

Super Smash Bros. NX, Splatoon, and Mario Maker as potentially quick ports or director's cut type re-releases.

Around the Network
Dunban67 said:
Sounds like we have the Wii U 2 coming soon-

Honestly, based on the rumors, the NX does sound just like an improved Wii U since it's rumored to keep the Wii U's 2nd screen gamepad and have improved remote play capabilities -- both of which were the defining characteristics of the failed console.

Soundwave said:

Ports may make sense too if we consider the reported possible specs of the console NX as being PS4 or better ... that means Nintendo is going to be making an aprupt generational leap faster than they ever have, and we've seen already this leaps from PS3/360 to PS4/XB1 is no joke, Sony/MS and many third parties have had huge problems getting content finished on time.

It's probably imperative that Nintendo have some re-releases/re-purposed Wii U titles to pad out the system's first 12 months.

Zelda U + Pikmin 4 + Luigi's Mansion 3 + Diddy Kong Racing (?) as games that began development on Wii U but were either moved to the NX or will be dual release with the NX.

Super Smash Bros. NX, Splatoon, and Mario Maker as potentially quick ports or director's cut type re-releases.

The idea of ports to pad out the NX's first year reminds me of how NBC tried to spin reruns as "it's new to you".  Actually, I guess it's kind of the same thing since if you haven't owned a Wii U, it is "new to you" -- and that's probably going to be the case for a lot of NX owners.

wombat123 said:
Soundwave said:

The idea of ports to pad out the NX's first year reminds me of how NBC tried to spin reruns as "it's new to you".  Actually, I guess it's kind of the same thing since if you haven't owned a Wii U, it is "new to you" -- and that's probably going to be the case for a lot of NX owners.

The Wii benefitted a lot from this too though. Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, Fire Emblem were either GCN ports or repurposed GCN games.

Remove those three and the Wii's first year lineup is fairly terrible until Metroid Prime 3 shows up like 9 months post-launch. 

wombat123 said:
Soundwave said:

that is similar to what Sony said-  they had so many people buying the PS4 that did not own the PS3 they decided to re release games like the Last of Us and others-    but IF it is at the expense of people who owned your previous console(s) then not so sure how good an idea it is

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yes I know, she said itself she giving infos only when they are confirmed with multiple sources.

We'll see soon enough. I'm pretty sure we all could be leakers here if we just do the same thing ER does though. She gets one thing right that was leaked long before her, and her word is solid gold. 

except she has been around a long time and her track record has been more consistent than most anyone elses over that long period of time- 

Did you ever read her article about the Gamecube called "A Dolphin Tale"   ( I think that was the name)  one of the better pieces of games journalsim BY FAR that you will read-   I don t take  99+% of the "leaks" i read as anything but BS but i take her info/insite as sincere at worst and acurate at best

I hope someday there is something like A Dolphin Tale for the Wii U. I'd love to know how the people at Nintendo could get a console so horribly wrong.