By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers Rumour: There's a lot of Wii U ports coming to NX

Guess it's a good way to plug in gaps in the lineup, but it also means no backwards compatibility :/

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Miyamotoo said:

I didnt want to make new thread because this more opinion (but probably based on rumours she heard) than actually rumour.

The NX will build a better library in one year than Wii U built in four years. Good night everyone.

Included in OP.

It may just be a nod to what's rumoured to be planned, it won't be a better library than the U in one year even if all of the rumoured games first and third party turned out to be true. Only way it could achieve that is if the library is fully shared and you add a load of possible titles on top of the rumoured ones.

She said that she have more infos about NX software (she will talk more about that this week) and not only about Wii U ports for NX, she is pretty confident about NX 1st year lineup, little to confident when she said "that NX will have better library in one year than Wii U in 4".

I don't think realistically is possible that NX have better lineup in year than Wii U in 4, but NX can definitely have much better 1st year library than Wii U had, Zelda U port is almost certain, Pikmin 4 also, new 3D Mario, Retros project, Next Level games...are on track to release their games NX 1st year. Also it seems like NX will have great support from Japanese developers, and obvious some western one.

Edit. When I think about it, if really thinks what she said only thing is to achieve something similar is to have strong 3rd party support.

Miyamotoo said:
Wyrdness said:

It may just be a nod to what's rumoured to be planned, it won't be a better library than the U in one year even if all of the rumoured games first and third party turned out to be true. Only way it could achieve that is if the library is fully shared and you add a load of possible titles on top of the rumoured ones.

She said that she have more infos about NX software (she will talk more about that this week) and not only about Wii U ports for NX, she is pretty confident about NX 1st year lineup, little to confident when she said "that NX will have better library in one year than Wii U in 4".

I don't think realistically is possible that NX have better lineup in year than Wii U in 4, but NX can definitely have much better 1st year library than Wii U had, Zelda U port is almost certain, Pikmin 4 also, new 3D Mario, Retros project, Next Level games...are on track to release their games NX 1st year. Also it seems like NX will have great support from Japanese developers, and obvious some western one.

Next Level has a game releasing this in June, Metroid Prime: Federation Force. I dont think they will have an NX game next year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Next Level has a game releasing this in June, Metroid Prime: Federation Force. I dont think they will have an NX game next year.

Metroid Prime: Federation Force is spin off and small project. They most likely had Wii U project on which they worked and that is moved to NX, very possible LM3.

If you look output of their games you will see that WIi U game is obviously missing from list. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Level_Games

TH-Work said:
Magnus said:

PS3 has a lot of games that didn't get ported, Wii U only has a handful of exclusives and nothing else. And Nintendo only ported Metroid and some B-tier titles from Gamecube to Wii. It is inexcusable to screw Wii U owners just because the Wii U didn't sell. It's Nintendo's fault that they made a crappy console anyway.

It's your fault that Nintendo made crappy console because you think the console is crappy ;) I think the Wii U is a nice console with alot of great games :) And i have a feeling that almost every PS3 game got ported to PS4, so shut up!

Not at all.

PS3 exclusives ported to PS4:

The Last Of Us

God Of War III

Uncharted 1-3

Heavy Rain

Beyond: Two Souls

PS3 exclusives NOT ported to PS4:

God Of War: Ascension

Infamous 1-2

Killzone 2-3

Resistance 1-3

MotorStorm MV, PR and Apocalypse

Wipeout HD

Gran Turismo 5-6

Warhawk & Starhawk

MAG

Socom games

Probably many more that I don't even remember.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

Edit. When I think about it, if really thinks what she said only thing is to achieve something similar is to have strong 3rd party support.

I reckon she may just be talking about third party support as looking at the Wii U games I have now it's actually quite a solid library despite the problems the console has battled.

Miyamotoo said:
zorg1000 said:

Metroid Prime: Federation Force is spin off and small project. They most likely had Wii U project on which they worked and that is moved to NX, very possible LM3.

If you look output of their games you will see that WIi U game is obviously missing from list. :)

idk they are a pretty small team that has never really worked on a truly big game so i just dont think they can work on two projects at once.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Miyamotoo said:

idk they are a pretty small team that has never really worked on a truly big game so i just dont think they can work on two projects at once.

They could always resurrect that Mario Spikers game they had half made for the Wii, or make a Mario Strikers Charged HD with online modes. Both of them would be great for the first year, and it might attract the sports crowd early on.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

There's a conspcious three year gap from LM to Metroid Prime Federation Force, I don't think they've been working on FF all this time.

Luigi's Mansion 3 probably started development some time soon after 2013's LM launch on 3DS where the game turned out to be a bigger than expected hit. That's pretty much standard operating procedure for Nintendo with successful Western games -- a sequel is immediately greenlit (see also: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze).

My guess is sometime around 2014, Nintendo moved Luigi's Mansion 3 away from the Wii U and to the NX and within that downtime, Federation Force was pushed to the forefront. 

zorg1000 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Maybe they had help or they help somebody, I relly doubt they start working on Metroid Force Federation right after LM2, they probably start working on Wii U game after LM3. Again Metroid Prime: Federation Force is spin off and small project, LM2 is launched in March 2013, do you really think they worked only one Metroid Prime Federation for around 3.5 years. If you look their output there is no sense to skip Wii U expect if their Wii U project is moved to NX, same goes for Retro project and probably some other Wii U unannounced projects.

Soundwave said:
There's a conspcious three year gap from LM to Metroid Prime Federation Force, I don't think they've been working on FF all this time.

Luigi's Mansion 3 probably started development some time soon after 2013's LM launch on 3DS where the game turned out to be a bigger than expected hit. That's pretty much standard operating procedure for Nintendo with successful Western games -- a sequel is immediately greenlit (see also: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze).

My guess is sometime around 2014, Nintendo moved Luigi's Mansion 3 away from the Wii U and to the NX.

Totally agree, I think we will see their NX project (ex Wii U project) at E3.