By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers Rumour: There's a lot of Wii U ports coming to NX

Is @ArcadeGirl64 on Twitter her real account? I heard that it's not Emily Rogers rather another person who acts like he is Emily Rogers!?

Around the Network
Magnus said:
Miyamotoo said:

So fuck Sony because some PS3 exclusives are ported to PS4!? Sry but that doesnt make any sense, of course that Nintendo will port some very popular games from failed system that only small number people played to completely new platform, Nintendo also ported lotsa GC games to Wii.

PS3 has a lot of games that didn't get ported, Wii U only has a handful of exclusives and nothing else. And Nintendo only ported Metroid and some B-tier titles from Gamecube to Wii. It is inexcusable to screw Wii U owners just because the Wii U didn't sell. It's Nintendo's fault that they made a crappy console anyway.

It's your fault that Nintendo made crappy console because you think the console is crappy ;) I think the Wii U is a nice console with alot of great games :) And i have a feeling that almost every PS3 game got ported to PS4, so shut up!

I thought this should have been expected.

It's a strategy that's worked wonders for Sony and Microsoft when there isn't much releasing for PS4 and Xbox One. It keeps your platform in the public eye, gives your userbase something to actually go out and buy and provides you with a quick and easy way of making money to fund other games.

While small corners of the Internet will complain about it, the real world doesn't give a fuck and eats it up.

TH-Work said:
Is @ArcadeGirl64 on Twitter her real account? I heard that it's not Emily Rogers rather another person who acts like he is Emily Rogers!?

It real. She suspended last twitter account after some previous leaks, but she opens new one after someone pretend that is she on Twitter.

Miyamotoo said:

I didnt want to make new thread because this more opinion (but probably based on rumours she heard) than actually rumour.

The NX will build a better library in one year than Wii U built in four years. Good night everyone.

Included in OP.

It may just be a nod to what's rumoured to be planned, it won't be a better library than the U in one year even if all of the rumoured games first and third party turned out to be true. Only way it could achieve that is if the library is fully shared and you add a load of possible titles on top of the rumoured ones.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
TH-Work said:

It real. She suspended last twitter account after some previous leaks, but she opens new one after someone pretend that is she on Twitter.

Ok, thanks :)

Miyamotoo said:

Even if Nintendo could this I dont think they would release all that in single year, we than talking about 10-15 big Nintendo exclusives in single year plus some strong third party exclusives and multiplats.

I guess it depends on the definition of "big" but here is the 1st party lineup of Wii in its first 12 months

November 2006-Twilight Princess, Wii Sports, Excite Truck

January 2007-WarioWare

February 2007-Wii Play

April 2007-Super Paper Mario

May 2007-Mario Party 8

June 2007-Big Brain Academy, Pokemon Battle Revolution

July 2007-Mario Strikers Charged

August 2007-Metroid Prime 3

October 2007-Donkey Kong Barrel Blast, Battalion Wars 2

November 2007-Fire Emblem, Super Mario Galaxy, Link's Crossbow Training

It also had some 3rd party titles (exclusive & mulitplat ) like Red Steel, Super Monkey Ball, Trauma Center, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Sonic Secret Rings, Mario & Sonic Olympics, Resident Evil 4, Guitar Hero, SSX, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Dragonball Z Budokai, Medal of Honor Heroes, Call of Duty, Need for Speed, Tony Hawk, Godfather, Manhunt, Nights 2, Dragon Quest Swords, Sims, Madden, FIFA, Lego Star Wars and a whole bunch of other licensed games for kids and casual minigames.

People go on about how Wii only sold because of a gimmick but it had a pretty stellar lineup in its first year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

What new there it's always like that first games released in new console are ports and remakes

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

zorg1000 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Even if Nintendo could this I dont think they would release all that in single year, we than talking about 10-15 big Nintendo exclusives in single year plus some strong third party exclusives and multiplats.

I guess it depends on the definition of "big" but here is the 1st party lineup of Wii in its first 12 months

November 2006-Twilight Princess, Wii Sports, Excite Truck

January 2007-WarioWare

February 2007-Wii Play

April 2007-Super Paper Mario

May 2007-Mario Party 8

June 2007-Big Brain Academy, Pokemon Battle Revolution

July 2007-Mario Strikers Charged

August 2007-Metroid Prime 3

October 2007-Donkey Kong Barrel Blast, Battalion Wars 2

November 2007-Fire Emblem, Super Mario Galaxy, Link's Crossbow Training

It also had some 3rd party titles (exclusive & mulitplat ) like Red Steel, Super Monkey Ball, Trauma Center, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Sonic Secret Rings, Mario & Sonic Olympics, Resident Evil 4, Guitar Hero, SSX, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Dragonball Z Budokai, Medal of Honor Heroes, Call of Duty, Need for Speed, Tony Hawk, Godfather, Manhunt, Nights 2, Dragon Quest Swords, Sims, Madden, FIFA, Lego Star Wars and a whole bunch of other licensed games for kids and casual minigames.

People go on about how Wii only sold because of a gimmick but it had a pretty stellar lineup in its first year.

The Wii lineup was amazing. It was wave after wave of great games. Sadly, most videogames take a long time to make, and most of those A-AA games have lost a lot of steam over the years (Brain Training, Wii series, WarioWare...). Nintendo really needs to expand and get more studios, or manage to get 3rd parties to fill their lineups.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:

The Wii lineup was amazing. It was wave after wave of great games. Sadly, most videogames take a long time to make, and most of those A-AA games have lost a lot of steam over the years (Brain Training, Wii series, WarioWare...). Nintendo really needs to expand and get more studios, or manage to get 3rd parties to fill their lineups.

They dont even necessarily need to expand/increase studios by a large margin, having a unified setup would help out alot in that regard. I think if they had a unified platform than they could have a Wii-like software output.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.