By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers rumor: Zelda U to have a playable female, fully voice acted, releasing NX and Wii U

Pavolink said:
wombat123 said:

I don't trust Aonuma with anything other than putting simple puzzles and some kind of boss/enemy that requires you to play tennis with them in Zelda games.

Don't forget his "this will shake the formula" speech before every new game.

Well we definitely had some "shake of formula" with SS and ALBW, but with Zelda U he also said "going back to Zelda roots".

Around the Network
cycycychris said:
the_dengle said:

I'm quite late to the party here. Skimmed the thread, didn't see this mentioned, so just for the sake of discussion --

Emily says "voice acting." She does not specify a language.

Aonuma has "joked" about using unintelligible "Hylian" voice acting since Skyward Sword's release.

I feel like if he did that, it would be the ultimate troll to all fans. Whats the point of VA if we don't know what they are saying.

Beat the game and on the second run you understand what they're saying. (?)

cycycychris said:
Wright said:

Beat the game and on the second run you understand what they're saying. (?)

That be a very impressively fast way to learn a language.

I meant that in a very Wind Waker sense; first time you're playing, certain characters speaks Old Hylian and you don't understand squat. Play a second time, it's translated now!

Voice acting and Zelda, well I got to admit Nintendo must have some balls left if they are willing to do that. Even if it is optional, a female link seems a bit like a Social justice warrior action, since there are plenty strong female characters in the Zelda series already. For some reason I think a male link is more fitting, unlike femshep (better voice acting) and other female rpg characters, which are equally good. Since I am mostly a rogue for me a female is mostly more fitting, work with what you got.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Wright said:
ReubenAlexander said:

I'm being sarcastic, obviously. But of course, it's his creation but he would obvioulsy never do something that ridiculous. LOL. sorry to disappoint you, man.

Yet here we are, with the rumor of Anouma having a playable female which could perfectly be female Link. I have no reason to be disappointed thus far.

wow you're one those sjw's that glee's at every regressive, auhoritarian leftist achievement.

Around the Network
contestgamer said:

wow you're one those sjw's that glee's at every regressive, auhoritarian leftist achievement.

I just like to see the world burning!

I knew it

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

RolStoppable said:
cycycychris said:

I feel like if he did that, it would be the ultimate troll to all fans. Whats the point of VA if we don't know what they are saying.

There would still be screentext. Plus, the voice acting would definitely be good instead of a cause to worry.

Well no, it'll still be crappy. But we'll simply have no way of knowing how far off they are, so it'll all be...good?

cycycychris said:

I don't see how that's trolling. It's a compromise, since there are definitely Zelda fans who don't want voice acting. A simpler compromise would be to allow the player to disable voices... but the Zelda series has never been known for giving players options.

Gibberish voice work has been done multiple times, most notably for Zelda singing the Ballad of the Goddess. That's a solid precedent.

It would be trolling to announce that the game will have voice acting before revealing that it is not an Earthly language. The news being leaked in this way in advance may give that sort of impression.

Kind of hope there won't be gibberish voice acting. Would be awesome to hear dialogue at the beginning of Zelda's reveal trailer during a black screen or a scenic view. And then the camera shows it was Zelda/Ganondorf/whatever talking and then the words Legend of Zelda show up.