By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers rumor: Zelda U to have a playable female, fully voice acted, releasing NX and Wii U

I really hope the playable female is Zelda or another character instead of just Link with boobs. If it is just just a gender swap then I'll still just play as a dude. Zelda would be cool because she has been more active in some games, like helping Link in the final boss battles, so it would be awesome to play as her on a parallel quest after beating the game. She could have a different combat style and new ways to approach challenges.

Around the Network
Sareth said:
I really hope the playable female is Zelda or another character instead of just Link with boobs. If it is just just a gender swap then I'll still just play as a dude. Zelda would be cool because she has been more active in some games, like helping Link in the final boss battles, so it would be awesome to play as her on a parallel quest after beating the game. She could have a different combat style and new ways to approach challenges.

/this

Gender swapping Link just reeks of laziness. It reminds me of what they do in Hollywood. Instead of creating a new character or using a lesser known character. they'll swap the race or gender of an existing character. I don't like it. You have strong female characters in the Zelda universe already. It doesn't even have to be Zelda. They could use Impa.

Now I just hope Link stays as a male forever to piss all of those that wants something as lazy and useless as a gender option rather than asking for a new female character with her own personality and backstory.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:

Now I just hope Link stays as a male forever to piss all of those that wants something as lazy and useless as a gender option rather than asking for a new female character with her own personality and backstory.

Why are you so evil? :(

Hiku said:
bigtakilla said:

Isn't Metroid just as old as Legend Of Zelda? 

Pretty much, yeah. But you couldn't see that Samus was female without entering a cheat code and beating the game (if I recall correctly).

Nope, there are 5 different endings depending on how long it took you to beat the game. 3 of the 5 show Samus as a female. She's even playable in a one piece suit, similar to Zero Suit if you get the second ending and press start after the credits.

Around the Network

Social Justice Warriors win again, great job trying to ruin great franchises.

contestgamer said:

Ruin? How does this ruin anything?

Voice acting?

Wright said:
contestgamer said:

Ruin? How does this ruin anything?

Because Link is a male? Because they ask to change established characters rather than ask for new characters? Because they ask for established franchises to swap gender rather than ask for new great franchises with new characters? Because they ask for everything and everyone good to be politically correct?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:

Because Link is a male? Because they ask to change established characters rather than ask for new characters? Because they ask for established franchises to swap gender rather than ask for new great franchises with new characters? Because they ask for everything and everyone good to be politically correct?

Link has also been a bunny and a wolf in other Zelda iterations, but suddenly he's a woman and the franchise is done for.