By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers rumor: Zelda U to have a playable female, fully voice acted, releasing NX and Wii U

Link isnt an avatar. That notion is absolutely ridiculous. Turning Link into an avatar type character like how it is in Mass Effect or Metal Gear Solid V for example is just STUPID. If Nintendo wants to do something like this, make a new franchise. There are simply some things that should not change. Why don't we make Ganondorf female and zelda can be a trans male in this game, SOUNDS FANTASTIC!

Around the Network

ReubenAlexander said:

Why don't we make Ganondorf female and zelda can be a trans male in this game, SOUNDS FANTASTIC!

It actually does sound fantastic!

Wright said:

ReubenAlexander said:

Why don't we make Ganondorf female and zelda can be a trans male in this game, SOUNDS FANTASTIC!

Oh yeah, it'd be great. So how does gender dysphoria go down in the Zelda universe again? Are the godesses responsible for impanting people's souls in a body, and if so, why would they put a male in a female body just so they can undergo a transformation to be who they were supposed to be? And to top all of it off, they bestow this individual with the triforce of wisdom. I guess it's just another divine prank (TP reference).

ReubenAlexander said:
Wright said:

Oh yeah, it'd be great. So how does gender dysphoria go down in the Zelda universe again? Are the godesses responsible for impanting people's souls in a body, and if so, why would they put a male in a female body just so they can undergo a transformation to be who they were supposed to be? And to top all of it off, they bestow this individual with the triforce of wisdom. I guess it's just another divine prank (TP reference).

Well, that'd be up to Anouma if he wants to do something like that, don't you think?

Wright said:
ReubenAlexander said:

Well, that'd be up to Anouma if he wants to do something like that, don't you think?

I'm being sarcastic, obviously. But of course, it's his creation but he would obvioulsy never do something that ridiculous. LOL. sorry to disappoint you, man.

Around the Network
ReubenAlexander said:

I'm being sarcastic, obviously. But of course, it's his creation but he would obvioulsy never do something that ridiculous. LOL. sorry to disappoint you, man.

Yet here we are, with the rumor of Anouma having a playable female which could perfectly be female Link. I have no reason to be disappointed thus far.

Wright said:
ReubenAlexander said:

Yet here we are, with the rumor of Anouma having a playable female which could perfectly be female Link. I have no reason to be disappointed thus far.

I'm still crossing my fingers for a gay link so I can be finally represented in a Zelda game. It's been a long time coming.

Voice acting? Excuuuuuse me!?

lol I'm kidding I don't mind voice acting as long as Link remains silent.

ReubenAlexander said:

I'm still crossing my fingers for a gay link so I can be finally represented in a Zelda game. It's been a long time coming.

If it doesn't happen, I can give you the link (heh) of some yaoi doujinshis with him.

Wright said:
Pavolink said:

Now I just hope Link stays as a male forever to piss all of those that wants something as lazy and useless as a gender option rather than asking for a new female character with her own personality and backstory.

Why are you so evil? :(

Maybe I am misinterpreting him, but it sounds like he wants them to put real effort into a female protagonist. Instead of taking the easy way out by gender swapping an existing character. As I minority, I personally hate when a character is race swapped. Create a new character.