By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers rumor: Zelda U to have a playable female, fully voice acted, releasing NX and Wii U

Nautilus said:
Well Aonuma said that they are going for a major change for Zelda U.But I really hope that choosing betwenn female and male is not true, because that the protagonist wont be Link(or they will make Linkle cannon.... ugh)

About voice acting.... Im not really sure.Link should always remain silent, that has always been part of his carachter and should remain so.But for the rest, it will depend on the quality.Zelda is another one that I think should remain silent.Will feel weird if she suddenly talks.Again, may change my mind if it works out wonderfully.

Why cant Link be female. Link is mearly somebody chosen by the Goddesses to protect the world from evil. 

As for voice acting, why would it be weird hearing this games Zelda speak?? Zelda speaks in the past games, even if its through text. Am I just expected to watch a scene were Link and Zelda just awkwardly stand their staring at each other with zero conversation happening?? Or does this one moment have to be text based for no reason?? Makes zero sense mate.

Around the Network

This need to be include in OP:

Rumor #3: There is voice acting for most of the characters...except Link.

Rumor #2: I heard from multiple sources that you can choose between a male or female as your playable character in Zelda.

Rumor #1: Yes, Zelda is coming to both Wii U and NX. I confirmed it with a ton of people. You can choose which one to get. Or get both.

https://twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64
http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-wii-u-rumors-more-talk-of-wii-u-nx-release-play-as-a-malefemale-voice-acting/

Nautilus said:
Volterra_90 said:

Why not? Theoretically Links are a sucession of heroes, not sure if they share the same family tree or it's just the title of "Hero" passing through generations. The only difference is a cromosome XDDD

Well yes, tecnically you are right.They could make it happen story-wise.But historically Link was always male and should remain so.Its a tradition that in my opinion should never be broken.If they wree to make a new female protagonist, then fine.Just dont make a female Link.

The only problem I see is if the Link of the game is the Link of Majora's Mask for example, who is male. But it works with the Zelda lore if it's a sucessor. Tradicions are to be broken imo. Franchises should evolve and that normally means changing the rules. But I get why some people might have reservations about it, it was always a controversial subject, like voice acting.

Nautilus said:
Well Aonuma said that they are going for a major change for Zelda U.But I really hope that choosing betwenn female and male is not true, because that the protagonist wont be Link(or they will make Linkle cannon.... ugh)

About voice acting.... Im not really sure.Link should always remain silent, that has always been part of his carachter and should remain so.But for the rest, it will depend on the quality.Zelda is another one that I think should remain silent.Will feel weird if she suddenly talks.Again, may change my mind if it works out wonderfully.

You know how alot of Zelda games have two worlds? Light/Dark, Future/Past, big/small, etc. Maybe the opposite world in this game will have all the characters switch gender. I think that would be kinda neat, a female Link, male Zelda, female Ganondorf.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Nautilus said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yes yes, I have seen.Just dont know if that is good or bad.

Fact that Link is silent is definitely positive thing.

Around the Network
cycycychris said:
Pavolink said:

Nope. When I enter it was there but not now.

I guess I'll just go a screen shot then. For some reason this always happens to post I include a good amount of tweets.

And now there are in the OP. Good job!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

cycycychris said:
Miyamotoo said:
This need to be include in OP:

Rumor #2: I heard from multiple sources that you can choose between a male or female as your playable character in Zelda.

Rumor #1: Yes, Zelda is coming to both Wii U and NX. I confirmed it with a ton of people. You can choose which one to get. Or get both.

https://twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64
http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-wii-u-rumors-more-talk-of-wii-u-nx-release-play-as-a-malefemale-voice-acting/

it  was in the OP

From some reason I didn't saw them..

ktay95 said:

Why cant Link be female. Link is mearly somebody chosen by the Goddesses to protect the world from evil. 

As for voice acting, why would it be weird hearing this games Zelda speak?? Zelda speaks in the past games, even if its through text. Am I just expected to watch a scene were Link and Zelda just awkwardly stand their staring at each other with zero conversation happening?? Or does this one moment have to be text based for no reason?? Makes zero sense mate.

Actually only SS Link was chosen by the godess every other Link and Zelda are the reincarnations of SS Link and Zelda cursed by the Demon King to be traped in the cycle of being reborn when he's hatred took another form

Wright said:
Nautilus said:

Of course its not a positive step.If it were like Dragon Age where it was already a custom, or a game which the main protagonist is an avatar, it would be great.But Link is a caracther, and one with almost 30 years with story behind him.If Aonuma wanted to go with a new female protagonist for Zelda U, then I would be fine with it, because its another caracther.But here is implying that it would be a female Link.And Link is a male caracther, not an avatar.

It would be like if you played Metal Gear Solid and you had the choice to play betwenn a male or female Snake.Just.... ugh.

Link is nothing but the reincarnation of a hero throughout different timelines. There's nothing wrong with Link being able to reincarnate in a female body. Nintendo created Linkle for a reason, if this rumor was to be true. Embrace it.

Your Metal Gear Solid example actually doesn't help your case, because there are Metal Gear Solid games that allow to play as female Snake.

Just checked it now, and my god thats true.Didnt play MGS V yet, so thats why I didnt know.But its not a similar case as in she is unlockage after you do certain conditions.So you need to play as normal Snake until you can unlock it.You dont start with that option.It would be an extra.Subtle difference, but still different.

Like I said to Volterra, story-wise it is possible to make Link into a female caracther.But Link has always been historically a male.For almost 30 years.Why make this change without a very good reason?It would be better, story-wise and to make fans happy, just to make a new female protagonist if thats the case(if they wanted to go with a female protagonist).

Another example would be(dont know if you are a fan of Metroid) if that false rumour about Samus was true(about she being transgender).I mean, we never looked down there.And they could very well create a past for her that would justify that.They could do that but you know, it wouldnt be that popular.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Voice acting?
Female Link

Not sure how I feel about that... Hope it doesnt change zelda too much from the games we all love.

TheLegendofDS said:
ktay95 said:

Actually only SS Link was chosen by the godess every other Link and Zelda are the reincarnations of SS Link and Zelda cursed by the Demon King to be traped in the cycle of being reborn when he's hatred took another form

Maybe hes just a mans soul, stuck in the body of a female :p

Transgender female link, that wishes he was a boy.