By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers rumor: Zelda U to have a playable female, fully voice acted, releasing NX and Wii U

Nautilus said:
Well Aonuma said that they are going for a major change for Zelda U.But I really hope that choosing betwenn female and male is not true, because that the protagonist wont be Link(or they will make Linkle cannon.... ugh)

What's the problem? This is a positive step forward with the franchise. Allow the players to choose!

Around the Network

Why do i see no link to source? I wouldn't mind if they made Zelda playable

Nautilus said:
Well Aonuma said that they are going for a major change for Zelda U.But I really hope that choosing betwenn female and male is not true, because that the protagonist wont be Link(or they will make Linkle cannon.... ugh)

About voice acting.... Im not really sure.Link should always remain silent, that has always been part of his carachter and should remain so.But for the rest, it will depend on the quality.Zelda is another one that I think should remain silent.Will feel weird if she suddenly talks.Again, may change my mind if it works out wonderfully.

Why not? Theoretically Links are a sucession of heroes, not sure if they share the same family tree or it's just the title of "Hero" passing through generations. The only difference is a cromosome XDDD

Wright said:
Nautilus said:

What's the problem? This is a positive step forward with the franchise. Allow the players to choose!

Of course its not a positive step.If it were like Dragon Age where it was already a custom, or a game which the main protagonist is an avatar, it would be great.But Link is a caracther, and one with almost 30 years with story behind him.If Aonuma wanted to go with a new female protagonist for Zelda U, then I would be fine with it, because its another caracther.But here is implying that it would be a female Link.And Link is a male caracther, not an avatar.

It would be like if you played Metal Gear Solid and you had the choice to play betwenn a male or female Snake.Just.... ugh.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

cycycychris said:
melbye said:
Why do i see no link to source? I wouldn't mind if they made Zelda playable

Tweets not showing up?

Nope. When I enter it was there but not now.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Nautilus said:

About voice acting.... Im not really sure.Link should always remain silent, that has always been part of his carachter and should remain so.But for the rest, it will depend on the quality.Zelda is another one that I think should remain silent.Will feel weird if she suddenly talks.Again, may change my mind if it works out wonderfully.

Rumor #3: There is voice acting for most of the characters...except Link.

Volterra_90 said:
Nautilus said:

Why not? Theoretically Links are a sucession of heroes, not sure if they share the same family tree or it's just the title of "Hero" passing through generations. The only difference is a cromosome XDDD

Well yes, tecnically you are right.They could make it happen story-wise.But historically Link was always male and should remain so.Its a tradition that in my opinion should never be broken.If they wree to make a new female protagonist, then fine.Just dont make a female Link.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Nautilus said:

Of course its not a positive step.If it were like Dragon Age where it was already a custom, or a game which the main protagonist is an avatar, it would be great.But Link is a caracther, and one with almost 30 years with story behind him.If Aonuma wanted to go with a new female protagonist for Zelda U, then I would be fine with it, because its another caracther.But here is implying that it would be a female Link.And Link is a male caracther, not an avatar.

It would be like if you played Metal Gear Solid and you had the choice to play betwenn a male or female Snake.Just.... ugh.

Link is nothing but the reincarnation of a hero throughout different timelines. There's nothing wrong with Link being able to reincarnate in a female body. Nintendo created Linkle for a reason, if this rumor was to be true. Embrace it.

Your Metal Gear Solid example actually doesn't help your case, because there are Metal Gear Solid games that allow to play as female Snake.

Miyamotoo said:
Nautilus said:

Rumor #3: There is voice acting for most of the characters...except Link.

Yes yes, I have seen.Just dont know if that is good or bad.

twintail said:
Don't really understand the point of Link basically becoming an Avatar of sorts. Choose gender and remain voiceless while other NPCs talk.
Sounds dumb.

As for coming to NX. We all knew that was happening at this point.

Will probably happen to a few other games too.

They should have developed a little more character to Link, just as they went going with The Wind Waker and Skyward Sword. But, oh well.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile