By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What Country are you from?

Originally from the Netherlands, too crowded for me but you can easily get everywhere on a bike.
Moved to Canada, Customer service is actually a real word, no longer being treated like a nuisance is very nice.

I still bike as much as possible, yet covering about 0.1% of the country instead of 33% with a 60km radius.
Real seasons, real nature, love it here.

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:

Germany. 99% of our population does not wear Lederhosen.

Austria. 99% of the population wears Lederhosen to work.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

Zisbest said:
GoOnKid said:

Germany. 99% of our population does not wear Lederhosen.

LOOOOL!! Austrians really have a great sense of humour.... and get confused with Australians all the time. xD

GoOnKid said:
Zisbest said:

LOOOOL!! Austrians really have a great sense of humour.... and get confused with Australians all the time. xD

I feel so bad for Austrians... I remember reading an article about snowboarding in Austria and half the comments didn't read "Austria" right so they kept going, "I didn't know Australia was so snowy!" e.e XD

Germany.

We use a plant called Waldmeister (sweet woodruff) to flavour things like jelly, sweets and drinks. Nobody outside of Germany/Austria seems to know it. Since it's quite a strange flavour you can get some great reactions by giving something flavoured with it to non-germans.

Around the Network

Switzerland

A boring mix of France, Germany and Italy. Also considered as Europe's water castle.

NNID/PSN: Kung_Kjartan

What ain't a country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?!?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

StarOcean said:
GoOnKid said:

I feel so bad for Austrians... I remember reading an article about snowboarding in Austria and half the comments didn't read "Austria" right so they kept going, "I didn't know Australia was so snowy!" e.e XD

Yeah, that's classic. Austrians make fun of it themselves, too:

https://neverpureandrarelysimple.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/ad3narg_700b.jpg

Mexico, we make the best tacos in the world.

DeduS said:
Germany.

We use a plant called Waldmeister (sweet woodruff) to flavour things like jelly, sweets and drinks. Nobody outside of Germany/Austria seems to know it. Since it's quite a strange flavour you can get some great reactions by giving something flavoured with it to non-germans.

Is it something along the lines of Stevia ?