By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 28th March - 3rd April 2016

outlawauron said:
Nautilus said:

Really?The Yokai watch is a spin off.Did you expect to sell more than 500k FW?

I expected a lot more than it did. Looking at previous Yokai spinoffs (outside of Just Dance), it did much better. Yokai Watch Busters did over 2 million and did 700k FW. 

I understand it's a SRPG, so it's a smaller market, but unless the game is just bad, I expected Yokai to have more pull.

Does Sangokushi games sell well? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Nautilus said:

Really?The Yokai watch is a spin off.Did you expect to sell more than 500k FW?

I expected a lot more than it did. Looking at previous Yokai spinoffs (outside of Just Dance), it did much better. Yokai Watch Busters did over 2 million and did 700k FW. 

I understand it's a SRPG, so it's a smaller market, but unless the game is just bad, I expected Yokai to have more pull.

Can't just expect the name brand to carry over everything. Busters was similar to the original games (well in some aspects). This one it's very niche. 

Unfortunely those SO5 numbers aren't very impressive.

People maybe holding on for the PS3 version?

Jranation said:
Teeqoz said:
PS4 gets its first confirmed 500k seller in MGSV! Minecraft continues to exhibit ridiculous legs, and Splatoon as well, though Splatoon's days of continously staying above 10k have finally come to an end.

It ended a while ago......... 

No it didn't. This is the second week in a row it's not above 10k. There might've been a few weeks previous to this that it was sub 10k, but it has bounced back up. After this week, with sales being down from last week, which was down from the week before that again, and in general this being the lowest week for Splatoon as far as I know, I think it's rather likely that it won't bounce back up to above 10k, with the exception of maybe a few holidays, like golden week.

In case you are gonna try to correct people again, here's a great Media Create archive so that you can actually check the data first!

http://gematsu.com/tag/media-create-sales

tbone51 said:
outlawauron said:

Can't just expect the name brand to carry over everything. Busters was similar to the original games (well in some aspects). This one it's very niche. 

Well, it's certainly a higher bar you'd hope the IP to get. I mentioned that SRPG is more niche than  the normal games, but they're just as different as Pokemon Conquest or Final Fantasy Tactics.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Star Ocean disappointing, WiiU dead, discontinue the X1 in Japan already. Things are looking bad

Teeqoz said:
Jranation said:

It ended a while ago......... 

No it didn't. This is the second week in a row it's not above 10k. There might've been a few weeks previous to this that it was sub 10k, but it has bounced back up. After this week, with sales being down from last week, which was down from the week before that again, and in general this being the lowest week for Splatoon as far as I know, I think it's rather likely that it won't bounce back up to above 10k, with the exception of maybe a few holidays, like golden week.

In case you are gonna try to correct people again, here's a great Media Create archive so that you can actually check the data first!

http://gematsu.com/tag/media-create-sales

Ohhhhj! I thought you mean this is the first time it went below 10k/it ended its 10k streak. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

How long do low Wii U numbers have to continue before we decide that "stock problems" is no longer the reason and that Nintendo is deliberately deciding to lower production numbers to barely meet demand?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
How long do low Wii U numbers have to continue before we decide that "stock problems" is no longer the reason and that Nintendo is deliberately deciding to lower production numbers to barely meet demand?

Intill retailers stop reporting sold out as soon as wiiu comes to store shelves? 

What about 2DS sales in Japan? I mean, if Pokemon R,B,Y,G download card is selling it means the 2DS is selling too because that card was included in the bundle. Am I right?