By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 28th March - 3rd April 2016

Nice to see Pokken hold it's position.. but the Wii U sales..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
spurgeonryan said:
So maybe the NX is coming to Japan first? Not a WW launch?

I expect that to be the case. I think all of Nintendos consoles so far released in Japan first. Although I suppose the same was true for Sony too until the PS4. But yeah, still expect Japan first, rest of the world a few months later.

DS, Wii, Wii U launched in America before they did in Japan.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

tbone51 said:
binary solo said:
How long do low Wii U numbers have to continue before we decide that "stock problems" is no longer the reason and that Nintendo is deliberately deciding to lower production numbers to barely meet demand?

Intill retailers stop reporting sold out as soon as wiiu comes to store shelves? 

That's simply demand exceeding supply. it has no relevance to decisions being made by Nintendo about how much supply to put into the market if Nintendo is choosing to limit supply into the Japan market then it's not stock problems, as in something that is being worked on to overcome, but a business decision that Nintendo believes is better than increasing supply at this point in the cycle.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

So SMM is eventually doing a million in Japan. Nice to see Splatoon having those legs.

Also, I didn't know Nintendo released AC as part of their Nintendo Selects line in Japan. Watch it come for five millions.

Hiku said:

Anyone know how much Star Ocean 4 launched for in Japan on PS3?

81k according to Media Create.

Around the Network

Sooooo is the Wii U turning into a Amiibo Problem?????

Pocky Lover Boy! 

outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:

Can't just expect the name brand to carry over everything. Busters was similar to the original games (well in some aspects). This one it's very niche. 

Well, it's certainly a higher bar you'd hope the IP to get. I mentioned that SRPG is more niche than  the normal games, but they're just as different as Pokemon Conquest or Final Fantasy Tactics.

In that case you should give a fairer comparison:

01./00. [3DS] Yo-Kai Sangokushi <SLG> (Level 5) {2016.04.02} (¥4.600) - 269.516 / NEW

[NDS] Pokemon Conquest <SLG> (Pokemon Co.) {2012.03.17} (¥5.800) - 172.027 / NEW

It outsold Pokemon by 100k, and it will beat its LTD sales (350k) by its second week. Same genre, similar universe, same company (Koei)... 

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

I really want Yokai Sangokushi to be released here, it looks awesome >.

hiska-kun said:
outlawauron said:

Well, it's certainly a higher bar you'd hope the IP to get. I mentioned that SRPG is more niche than  the normal games, but they're just as different as Pokemon Conquest or Final Fantasy Tactics.

01./00. [3DS] Yo-Kai Sangokushi (Level 5) {2016.04.02} (¥4.600) - 269.516 / NEW

[NDS] Pokemon Conquest (Pokemon Co.) {2012.03.17} (¥5.800) - 172.027 / NEW

It outsold Pokemon by 100k, and it will beat its LTD sales (350k) by its second week. Same genre, similar universe, same company (Koei)... 

I know it'll easily outdo Conquest, but I don't think you can reasonably say that Sangokushi has similar production values and advertising behind it. In my memory, Conquest was a suprise hit and did pretty well in the West too.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
hiska-kun said:

01./00. [3DS] Yo-Kai Sangokushi (Level 5) {2016.04.02} (¥4.600) - 269.516 / NEW

[NDS] Pokemon Conquest (Pokemon Co.) {2012.03.17} (¥5.800) - 172.027 / NEW

I know it'll easily outdo Conquest, but I don't think you can reasonably say that Sangokushi has similar production values and advertising behind it. In my memory, Conquest was a suprise hit and did pretty well in the West too.

We can't? I don't think Sankokushi production being much higher than Pokemon Conquest, except for being a 3DS game this time. And also I don't think advertising has been anything special either.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/