By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 28th March - 3rd April 2016

chao2344 said:
Ruler said:
Good legs for Dark Souls 3, Star Ocean has disappointing sales but we all know its dueto censorship effected by the West. However it still made a lot of money

I doubt the censorship did anything.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.esuteru.com%2Farchives%2F8542569.html&edit-text=

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Teeqoz said:

Lolwut? The Japanese version of SOV was censored by the west? I think you need to realize that the west can't and doesn't force SE to censor anything. They make those decisions themselves. So yeah, it's actually SE being "greedy" because they think they can get more sales in the west by censoring. So blame "greedy" SE that doesn't respect their artists and their work, not the west

So? It was still greedy SE's decision to censor it.  The west didn't decide, it was SE. I bet you hate SE now because they censor their own games? What's that, you don't? What a shocker...

Teeqoz said:
Ruler said:

So? It was still greedy SE's decision to censor it.  The west didn't decide, it was SE. I bet you hate SE now because they censor their own games? What's that, you don't? What a shocker...

Yeah, and the fact that no SJW's actually complained. It was fear of possible SJW complaints. It's like Japanese developers don't know that shows like Game of Thrones, Spartacus, or True Blood exist in the West. Do they think all Western entertainment is sanitised and has no sexual content? For a game like this it's more likely to be conservative concerned parents that complain than SJWs. While a game like SO might sell mostly to older teens and adults in Japan it's probably viewed, in the popular media at least, as a game for 10-13-year olds because of it's animation style. It's a Japanese cartoon style game, hence it must be for tweens. Conservative parent groups will cry it's Japanese culture trying to sexually corrupt our prescious children.

People should remember that historcally all the demands for censorship and control of video games came from morally conservative bible thumpers, who are actually the polar oppositie ideologically of SJWs. And those conservative video game haters are still there. Actually they are probably quietly laughing about the fact that all hate has been diverted to SJWs, which allows the moral conservatives to work from the shadows.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Dark Souls III's drop was quite big... I hope it keeps selling and eventually reach 300k physically.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

"LOOK AT MINECRAFT!!!!!!! THE KING OF LEGS"

I was wondering where this comment went.........

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Ruler said:
chao2344 said:

I doubt the censorship did anything.

stuff

few people on 2ch are hardely representive of the gaming population there. if I remmber right the game was tracking poorly on the preorder charts even before this whole censorship stuff. 

chao2344 said:
Ruler said:

stuff

few people on 2ch are hardely representive of the gaming population there. if I remmber right the game was tracking poorly on the preorder charts even before this whole censorship stuff. 

what pre order charts?

Jranation said:
"LOOK AT MINECRAFT!!!!!!! THE KING OF LEGS"

I was wondering where this comment went.........

the king of legs for 20 bucks 

Dengeki up in 2nd post.  Here's Media Create back 30:

twenty one Vita Digimon World -next 0rder- Namco Bandai Entertainment
twenty two Vita Nobunaga's Ambition and creativity Sengoku Risshiden (including Limited Edition) Koei Tecmo Games
twenty three 3DS Specter watch Busters Akanekodan / white dog Corps Level Five
twenty four Vita Dead or Alive Extreme 3 Venus 
(including Limited Edition)
Koei Tecmo Games
twenty five 3DS Luigi's Mansion 2 (Happy Price selection) Nintendo
26 Vita Attack on Titan (including Limited Edition) Koei Tecmo Games
27 3DS Doraemon Japan birth of New Nobita Flues
28 PS3 Nobunaga's Ambition and creativity Sengoku Risshiden (including Limited Edition) Koei Tecmo Games
29 3DS Disney Magic Castle My Happy Life 2 
(including Bundle)
Namco Bandai Entertainment
Thirty 3DS Corner Gurashi here you settle down 
(Happy Price selection)
Nippon Columbia Co., Ltd.
31 3DS Harvest Moon beginning of the earth 
(Happy Price selection)
Marvelous
32 3DS Monster Strike Mixi
33 Vita Gundam Breaker 3 Namco Bandai Entertainment
34 3DS Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire Pokémon
35 PS4 Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition SCE
36 3DS Mario Kart 7 Nintendo
37 3DS Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer (including Bundle) Nintendo
38 PS4 Grand Theft Auto V (4,990 yen version) Take-Two Interactive Japan
39 3DS Monster Hunter Cross (including Bundle) Capcom
Forty 3DS Rhythm Tengoku The Best + Nintendo
41 PS4 Street Fighter V (including Limited Edition) Capcom
42 Vita If My Heart Had Wings CRUISE SIGN (including Limited Edition) 5pb.
43 3DS Taiko Drum Master Chibi Dragon and the Mysterious Orb 
(Happy Price selection)
Namco Bandai Entertainment
44 Wii U The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (including Bundle) Nintendo
45 Wii U Mario Tennis Ultra Smash Nintendo
46 PS4 Call of Duty: Black Ops III (including Bundle) SCE
47 Wii U Mario Kart 8 (including Bundle) Nintendo
48 3DS Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS Nintendo
49 Vita Whether revive the Dragon Quest Builders Arefugarudo 
(including Bundle)
square Enix
Fifty Wii U Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (including Bundle) Nintendo

Ruler said:
chao2344 said:

what pre order charts?

Comgnet

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=159902&page=3241