By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here still loves a good RTS, city builder, grand strategy or 4X game, Arpgs?

I as a...

80's gamer, still play strategy. 21 19.27%

90's gamer, still play strategy. 56 51.38%

Post millennial gamer, play strategy. 14 12.84%

Post millennial, WTF are these genres. 0 0%

Pre mellennial, used to but not anymore. 7 6.42%

Pre millennial, Never liked these genre's. 1 0.92%

Timeless gamer, I live in... 10 9.17%

Total:109

Would the Euro Truck Simulator games count? Because that seems to be a rather popular series right now.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
I seem to be the only one who plays RTS' for the campaigns more so than the MP. Sure it amounts to a level or two every few days but is this not how they are meant or at least focus tested to play? Hmmm.

I play them for the campaign and to play against the AI or co-op with other players, the days of me wanting to play MP are over, especially since most players either want to rush or cheese build/spam you with simple builds.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

A guy in my class keeps playing Command and Conquer generals on the browser :P

John2290 said:
JEMC said:
Would the Euro Truck Simulator games count? Because that seems to be a rather popular series right now.

Eh, I feel as if these games aren't sim games, I mean would you call gta a sim? Even though it simulates stealing cars so well now. Hmm, surgeon simulator? i AM TOAST? So, no to Euro truck simulator or else you'd have to lump Test drive unlimited with Cities skylimes. However Farming simulator has a lot of interesting mechanics and if they'd just up the micro managment and add a world trading market, then It would earn the right to ,,.....what the fuck was the question? It wasn't very clear....does it count as what?

You seem to have a lot going on right now .

I've only tried the ETS 2 demo, but it has some micro (fuel, resting time, etc) management elements on it besides how much money you'll make for each delivery and the cost of buying trucks and hiring drivers. And unlike GTA, you must follow the traffic rules .

Farming Simulator? Never seen the appeal of it.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

John2290 said:
JEMC said:

You seem to have a lot going on right now .

I've only tried the ETS 2 demo, but it has some micro (fuel, resting time, etc) management elements on it besides how much money you'll make for each delivery and the cost of buying trucks and hiring drivers. And unlike GTA, you must follow the traffic rules .

Farming Simulator? Never seen the appeal of it.

Playing through the great sim game known as  life and the micromanagment mechanics just keep on getting more and more complex. God really should have consulted Sid Meier.

Oh, you're playing "Outside", the new MMO.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
okr said:

Because Molyneux wanted to sell his company and let it die, simple as that.

Are you aware that you can play an unofficial DK remake ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/230190/ ) and a game heavily inspired by DK and Warcraft 3 ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/262280/ )?

I think I'll try out his new god game, Godus, Thanks for helping me find that :D Black and white is something I always forget about. 

You wanto to play the worst game Molyneux has ever created? Okay, why not.

John2290 said:
JEMC said:

Oh, you're playing "Outside", the new MMO.

Yeah, its just a pity that there is no dedicated charecter creation screen, :( ,  could really benifet from an in game penis slider. I find the pay to win aspect has gotten outta hand and really dissapointed that you can't temporerally unsubscribe without loosing all your progress. fucking BS.

And don't forget the other players. Sure, some of them are nice and firendly, but others should be banned.

But hey, it's the best VR game you can play.

John2290 said:
okr said:

You wanto to play the worst game Molyneux has ever created? Okay, why not.

OOhh. Sadface. 

Read the user reviews: http://store.steampowered.com/app/232810/

I loved Pharaoh. What an amazing game that was! Took my life haha

Grand strategy is bigger now than ever before. Crusader Kings 2.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.