By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here still loves a good RTS, city builder, grand strategy or 4X game, Arpgs?

I as a...

80's gamer, still play strategy. 21 19.27%

90's gamer, still play strategy. 56 51.38%

Post millennial gamer, play strategy. 14 12.84%

Post millennial, WTF are these genres. 0 0%

Pre mellennial, used to but not anymore. 7 6.42%

Pre millennial, Never liked these genre's. 1 0.92%

Timeless gamer, I live in... 10 9.17%

Total:109
JRPGfan said:

how many people here played Transport Tycoon Deluxe ?

This was my favorite sim game back then, that and theme hospital.

Played them both, TTD and TH.

And Theme Park, Anno series, Settlers series, Battle Isle series, Patrician series, Civ1-5 (Civ 1 was the first game I ever bought), HOMM 3, Dungeon Keeper 1+2, Railroads, Syndicate, Warcraft 1-3, C&C 1+2, Dune II (one of the first RTS games created), AoE 1-3, Disciples, SimCity 2000 and so on.

I always loved RTS, TBS, 4X, city building and managerial/economic sims.

Around the Network

I suck balls at strategy games, but its my second favorite genre. I always find myself playing some Age of Empires III or EU4 on the weekends.

John2290 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Oh really? what are they then?

Explore, Expand, Exploit, Exterimate. or 4X games.

So that's what 4X means lol I was wondering. I always thought CIV was turn based but then I ain't played one for like 17yrs

okr said:
JRPGfan said:

how many people here played Transport Tycoon Deluxe ?

This was my favorite sim game back then, that and theme hospital.

Played them both, TTD and TH.

And Theme Park, Anno series, Settlers series, Battle Isle series, Patrician series, Civ1-5 (Civ 1 was the first game I ever bought), HOMM 3, Dungeon Keeper 1+2, Railroads, Syndicate, Warcraft 1-3, C&C 1+2, Dune II (one of the first RTS games created), AoE 1-3, Disciples, SimCity 2000 and so on.

I always loved RTS, TBS, 4X, city building and managerial/economic sims.

All those games and I'm sad to see no COH or rome total war. 😢

John2290 said:

Dugeon keeper  also...somewhat but less artful. Bullfrog, why did you die? :(((

Because Molyneux wanted to sell his company and let it die, simple as that.

Are you aware that you can play an unofficial DK remake ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/230190/ ) and a game heavily inspired by DK and Warcraft 3 ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/262280/ ) ?

Around the Network

I think Transport Tycoon Deluxe might just be the best value of any game I ever bought.... I played that game forever.

I wish someone would do a new TTD, and do it justic to how great the game was

Btw: there is fan version of this game, thats "free" to play and own.
https://www.openttd.org/en/

Everything in the game has been redone, reworked, so it doesnt use anything from the old game anymore.
But it plays just like it, and has less bugs and more models and better looking models ect.

LivingMetal said:
Does anyone remember Myth made by Bungie? Very underrated. It was a true 3d RTS with limited troops. And I did say 'Myth" NOT "Myst."

Yep, played that in Lan a couple times. Lovely carnage, leave the battlefield soaked in blood and body parts.

I was more into tycoon type games, played tons of them.
Sid Meier's Railroads was quite nice for a 3D tycoon game. Very flexible engine for building.

JEMC said:
CladInShadows said:

I have XCOM EU in my steam library.  I just haven't had time to play it.  Damn games backlog. My brother keeps telling me to get off my ass and play it too. I'll make it a priority.

You should definitely find time to play it because it's a very good game.

I will, I will...I promise!

okr said:
The real question is: Who except me plays adventure games which were not created or remastered by Tim Schafer?

*raises hand*

I bet none of you played Supreme Commander.