By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is 720p still acceptable to you?

Well, is it?

Yes 571 64.30%

No 317 35.70%

Total:888
aLkaLiNE said:

Charm > consistency > fps > resolution

unless the game is competitive.

Agreed! For competitive its consistency>fps>resolution>charm.

Around the Network

I still play 8-bit games. I couldn't care less about resolution as long as the game is appealing.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I don't care about the "p's" as long as it's appealing.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

manuel said:
Totally.
I don't even mind 480p.

I still do media consumption in 480p, it's no issue for me (plus my TV upscales SD content beautifully).

Since this generation started, I've used more HD media defaulting in 720p, but if 480p is only avaiable I will consume it.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

720p hasn't been OK for me since 2010. 1080p is now no longer making me happy either. It's 2016. Let's move on to 4k...

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Around the Network

No. It's blurry to me.

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

Well, yeah. I still watch some movies in 480p and they look pretty photo-realistic to me. If resolution has to be sacrificed to make better movement animations and physics in games, I'm willing to make that sacrifice.

Versus_Evil said:
Azzanation said:
Current gen gamers have no clue what makes a game look beautiful and sharp

Nice, throwing us all under the same bus *slow clap*

That's superiority complex in action for you...

Mr Puggsly said:

I think you'll play a 720p when PS4 does it 

PS4 has already done 720p:

http://gamingbolt.com/magnetic-cage-closed-to-run-at-720p60fps-on-ps4xbox-one-devs-not-fans-of-cinematic-experience

Looks sharp on a 720p screen.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)