By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reddit Rumour - User Verified by Reddit Mods

It's hard to compare CPUs having only " > " to judge its performance, and it's even harder with the PS4/X1 having custom chips that aren't available anywhere else. As a reference, this is a comparison of the FX-8350 and the Athlon 5150, which is a quad-core based Jaguar CPU clocked at 1.6GHz (like the PS4):
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/697?vs=1224

Of course, the processors of PS4/X1 have eight cores (although they can only use 6 or 7), so their actual performance is higher than that, but by how much? I don't know.

As for what processor can be power the NX... who knows? It could be a similar custom chip but with 8 Puma (the successor of Jaguar) cores clocked slightly higher.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

It's hard to compare CPUs having only " > " to judge its performance, and it's even harder with the PS4/X1 having custom chips that aren't available anywhere else. As a reference, this is a comparison of the FX-8350 and the Athlon 5150, which is a quad-core based Jaguar CPU clocked at 1.6GHz (like the PS4):

Of course, the processors of PS4/X1 have eight cores (although they can only use 6 or 7), so their actual performance is higher than that, but by how much? I don't know.

As for what processor can be power the NX... who knows? It could be a similar custom chip but with 8 Puma (the successor of Jaguar) cores clocked slightly higher.

The '>>>' is there to just denote how much of a difference there is between them, don't take it literally.  He wont give out specs or hard numbers, it's basically just a point of refererence so people know where the NX CPU is in all this.  

If anything you can just ignore all that and just focus on the 'noticeably better' part and worse than high spec PCs and mid-high range PCs.

TheSpindler said:

Might as well post this, as this is the only verified leak.

"As promised, I've decided to share some more NX information with you. This is second-hand information from trusted sources (like last time) and I have little reason to doubt its validity.

Here you go:

• x86 architecture.

• Backup data to Nintendo server (most likely My Nintendo).

• Support for additional screen.

• Can handle ports of current-gen games.

• Will be able to interact with smartdevice apps.

• Using NX software will unlock My Nintendo reward points."

"FlapSnapple

This user has been verified by the mod team. We have confirmed that he has connections to Wii U developer(s) and/or development hardware and very likely has knowledge about the NX via those same connections. This verification is sort of general/open ended and I unfortunately cannot verify specific details on a point by point basis."

This is the same guy that has been teasing info since before April Fools, but there was a lockdown on threads for NX info for three days for that.  He also said that they(Pokemon Company) wouldn't show anything in the Sun/Moon stream before it aired.

Lock and delete if necessary.

I created a thread a few days ago where I said the same thing! A friend of mine told me the exact same, but NO one wanted to believe me. And I say it AGAIN I can confirm that the Nintendo NX will interact with Smartphones and Tablets!

TheSpindler said:
JEMC said:

The '>>>' is there to just denote how much of a difference there is between them, don't take it literally.  He wont give out specs or hard numbers, it's basically just a point of refererence so people know where the NX CPU is in all this.  

If anything you can just ignore all that and just focus on the 'noticeably better' part and worse than high spec PCs and mid-high range PCs.

We all know that, but the way it's written (either by him or by you), makes it look like the CPU in NX is clearly stronger than the one inside PS4/X1, but not by much.

Also, if true, that puts an end to the (overly optimistic) believe that NX would have a Zen based CPU.

TH-Work said:
TheSpindler said:
  • Will be able to interact with smartdevice apps.

I created a thread a few days ago where I said the same thing! A friend of mine told me the exact same, but NO one wanted to believe me. And I say it AGAIN I can confirm that the Nintendo NX will interact with Smartphones and Tablets!

You can confirm it? How?

And the important question is how NX will interact with them. Will it be launching an eShop app allowing you to buy games? Or will it be a limited feature for the games available on both NX and mobile devices, allowing you to cross-play between the two versions while carrying your savegame?

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
TheSpindler said:

We all know that, but the way it's written (either by him or by you), makes it look like the CPU in NX is clearly stronger than the one inside PS4/X1, but not by much.

Also, if true, that puts an end to the (overly optimistic) believe that NX would have a Zen based CPU.

TH-Work said:

You can confirm it? How?

And the important question is how NX will interact with them. Will it be launching an eShop app allowing you to buy games? Or will it be a limited feature for the games available on both NX and mobile devices, allowing you to cross-play between the two versions while carrying your savegame?

As I said in my thread I can of course not name my source! It's a really good friend of mine and he gave me the information because he knows that I am a big Nintendo Fan and he wanted to do something nice for me. We are just good friends. I can not say you how Smartphones and Tablets interact with the Nintendo NX, I can only confirm that Smartphones and Tablet will work with the Nintendo NX. Believable maybe would be that you can use a Smartphone as a controller, or as a second screen like with the Nintendo Wii U Gamepad. But this is just a guess from me ;)

Around the Network

More updates

" untypedhero
As you are getting flooded with fake leaks and my inbox is getting flooded with questions:
The retail name for the NX is unknown to developers (or they are holding back). I've asked multiple sources.
I know of at least 1 third-party Wii U game that has/have been successfully ported to NX.
Amiibo are still supported (if you hadn't already guessed).
Friend codes are still a thing (unfortunately).
I don't know when the NX will be announced. Speculation is this month.
There are multiple "gimmicks" with the NX, one is optional.
There are physical dev-kits out in the wild, I don't have access to these.
I don't know the model of the GPU, however there is little doubt (from what I've been told) that it an AMD.
The NX is capable of outputting 4k. Consensus is upscaling and streaming.
DDR4 Memory (between 6GB - 8GB). EDIT: Available to software.
EDIT: Just to be clear - Although there are dev-kits out there, I highly doubt that you will get a direct leak from any of the studios that have them.
EDIT 2: Apparently friend code wasn't the correct term. You can only add people you know"

"My points of reference are PS4 and 3DS. I've been told that you can't just openly add people like on PS4... hence the friend code statement."

The DDR4 thing is throwing up huge red flags for me....but anyway there you go.

So the user bailed and Reddit mods banned leaker/insider info threads, so that's that guys.

So expect your 'leaks' from the chans, Gaf or sites looking for that sweet clickbait..or just wait till the end of April maybe.

DDR4 is a good possibility. It's faster than DDR3 and offers more bandwidth than DDR3, but not GDDR5, and with Intel and AMD adopting this kind of memory for its processors, it ensures that its price will not only not increase, but actually go down as years go by (unlike DDR3 and probably GDDR5).

I don't really believe anything that comes out of the NX subreddit. That place is pure madness.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
I don't really believe anything that comes out of the NX subreddit. That place is pure madness.

It is, hence why the mods just outright banned the leaker stuff.