By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reddit Rumour - User Verified by Reddit Mods

JEMC said:
Dunban67 said:

I wonder if support for a 2nd screen menas you can use the Wii U tblet or a similar NX verson of the Wii U tablet-

After you have off tv gaming avail it s hard to give up (if you have a family anyway)

+1. That's very true.

OT: This leak doesn't say much, it's hard to be excited for what it says.

this "leak" was mundane enough to be true

most leaks are way to "bright and shiny" to be real or they read like someones wish list

Around the Network
Dunban67 said:
JEMC said:

OT: This leak doesn't say much, it's hard to be excited for what it says.

most leaks are way to "bright and shiny" to be real or they read like someones wish list

But it doesn't say enough for us to discuss about it, which is where the fun lies, right?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

With x86 architecture means its the same as ps4, Xbone and pc, can easily be more powerful than ps4.0 because of todays tech if they are aiming for a 350-400 price and most important will be very easy to port to NX typical multiplat games fro ps4+xbox+nx

i only hope this way third parties will support the nx more than the wiiu

Using x86 if true is fine in the sense that yes Nintendo needs to be pragmatic about developer support, they can't be so stubborn and stupid to think they can alone support a platform by themselves that is going to sell to anyone other than a base of about 15 million Nintendo fanatics and no one else.

That said, great now Nintendo just needs a time machine to travel back to 2012/13 and release this system instead of the Wii U. That's the bigger problem, this basically just sounds like a Nintendo PS4, but far too late, similar to the Wii U which was way too late to seriously compete with the PS3/360.

So someone posted this

"Everyone is talking as if it's either ARM or x86 (or PPC for sake of argument), let's not forget that the Wii-U contained both a PPC CPU and an ARM CPU. Arm was used for the OS while the PPC did the heavy lifting in games.
Perhaps the ARM side of things has been beefed up to the point where it can run more than just the OS and they've gone to x86 for the heavy lifting?
Just a thought."

And his/her response was;

http://i.imgur.com/MERLCv2.jpg

whynotboth.gif

Around the Network

Boring rumor thb, E3 can´t come soon enough.

This is kind of obvious, but it's a "good" rumor. So I wouldn't mind if it turned out to be true.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

That's pretty much what I think the NX will be, so I won't be surprised if this turns out to be right.

JEMC said:
Dunban67 said:

But it doesn't say enough for us to discuss about it, which is where the fun lies, right?

of course you are right!   maybe i should make up a "leak" that most Nintendo fans would either love to hear or hate to hear?

FYI  i heard the NX will be MOBILE ONLY!

Well one good thing about leaks, no matter how bullshit they are, they can usually get some people out of the woodwork who actually know something.

This is from the Gaf thread;

" LCGeek

I've stated before and since any specs were revealed this gen most would have shitty cpus this turned out to be true, so to be fair my own perspective is skewed.

amd 8350 stock >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NX>>>>> X1 >> PS4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wii U. All 3 of big 3 manufacturers got this issue wrong, yet I know next gen 2 of them won't cause they tend to do a decent job. Nintendo isn't impressing anyone."

"LCGeek

Compared to WiiU, if you liked mario kart or other games this new system should be a wet dream."

Apparently this guy is the one who leaked the details on Wii U CPU and Wii I think.

Basically he's saying the NX CPU is noticeably better than both PS4/XB1 CPUs, but he doesn't think it's enough as those CPUs weren't great to begin with and they could do a lot more than what they have in now, and that even with a CPU like that he thinks they may still charge $350-400.

No word on the GPU, but(my speculation here) Nintendo has gimped their CPUs and focused more on their GPUs, so hopefully it outpaces the PS4 and XB1, though don't be too surprised if it's on par, slightly behind or slightly ahead of those.