By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV Director addresses the latest Demo

Here is the link for the article: http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/04/02/final-fantasy-xv-director-addresses-demo-frame-rate-ps4xbox-one-differences-dlc-and-more/

Highlights from the article:

"First of all, he mentioned that as development proceeds towards the finished game, performance will be improved as much as possible. In the Platinum Demo developers introduced dynamic resolution with 1080p as the upper limit."

"the game will be playable at E3"

"The demo was not intended to showcase the game’s frame rate, as it was more aimed to let players experience the world. Verifying how dynamic resolution worked was also the first priority as opposed to frame rate."

"he thinks that there will be DLC for the game, both paid and free"

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network

Ugh DLC....

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

fkn dlc. wtf man sh!t fck omfg.

first they remove Stella... I can somewhat deal with that, and now this..

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Theres no escaping dlc now

The only DLC i want is Noctis' original outfit because that looks cooler than his one now.

Around the Network

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/18/final-fantasy-xv-director-on-chocobos-moogles-and-more-from-the-tgs-2015-atr/

Tabata mentioned that any DLC would be free for this game a while ago..

Going off of that article, we didn't exactly get an airship either but rather a car with flight capabilities, which is nice, but for the sake of better story elements a full sized airship would give more breathing room for story. Still possible I suppose, we'll have to see in the full game.

The framerate imo was not the biggest issue. The controls are going to need some work, especially switching between locked on enemies. The delayed input when attacking enemies, despite being kind of satisfying in a weighty kind of way is going to throw anybody who plays this game off unless they understand the point of it. There were several aspects that are going to need better explanations as well. Players are ok with exploring the world of a game, but any important mechanics to utilize effectively will absolutely need well thought out explanations: Gameplay mechanics such as switching between weapons during mid combo to utilize a more powerful finishing blow or what attacks can and can't be dodged. I feel like everybody is just going to dodge roll despite any parrying benefits.

Lube Me Up

V-r0cK said:

The only DLC i want is Noctis' original outfit because that looks cooler than his one now.

It was a contract with a fashion designer, so they might not have the rights to do that anymore.

deskpro2k3 said:

fkn dlc. wtf man sh!t fck omfg.

first they remove Stella... I can somewhat deal with that, and now this..

I never knew a fanbase could be so dedicated to a concept character they saw less than ten minutes of 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Edit: Double post

Lube Me Up

LMU Uncle Alfred said:

Edit: Whoops, posted twice.  Is there a way to delete your own posts?

Just edit and delete your post and just put "double post" would suffice I guess.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid