By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV Director addresses the latest Demo

This really comes off as a parity issue. Same will probably go with Kingdom Hearts III. That's really sad if true.

Around the Network

Lol, people moaning about DLC, you do realise it's optional, you don't need to download it. Also you muse well just get used to it, almost every game has it now and it's the way things have been for a couple of years, it's here to stay. The more powerful that consoles get the more money, resources and people are needed To develop these games, yet the games retail price stays pretty much the same, these people need to make profit some how otherwise you won't have and games to play at all. Yes they can make the money back through sales alone if the game sells enough but by putting paid optional DLC into the game they can make sure they get some profit.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

If he is not willing to commit to the game not going to drop below 30 then his words are empty and he doesn't care about performance. It's easy to turn down visuals to improve framerate but apparently they're not willing to do so.

Crazy idea, how about an option menu for people who don't give a shit about global illumination but would like to have a slightly faster slide show and smaller fist sized pixels..

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Hmm. Dlc is fine as long as it's handled well. Cd project red was awesome with the 16 free dlc in the witcher 3.

Obviously nowhere near the first to do free dlc but they also backed it up with 30 hours of expansion pack content for $30. Hopefully they follow suit.

I'm sitting on the fence about this game Square Enix. Push me over.

Demo was far too short and pointless. It looked incredible though and never seemed to have too many fps issues outside using the bombs with the particle effects. 

DivinePaladin said:

I never knew a fanbase could be so dedicated to a concept character they saw less than ten minutes of 

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

If you can't get a proper framerate after 10 years of development what makes you believe another 6 months will do the job.

StokedUp said:
Lol, people moaning about DLC, you do realise it's optional, you don't need to download it. Also you muse well just get used to it, almost every game has it now and it's the way things have been for a couple of years, it's here to stay. The more powerful that consoles get the more money, resources and people are needed To develop these games, yet the games retail price stays pretty much the same, these people need to make profit some how otherwise you won't have and games to play at all. Yes they can make the money back through sales alone if the game sells enough but by putting paid optional DLC into the game they can make sure they get some profit.

I think idea is that people think (especially if the developers mention DLC long before release) that they are working on DLC instead of concentrating on finishing the game. They are thinkign about how to get more money from people instead of getting people to buy the game to begin with. Optional or not.

Ignoring this, I'd prefer FF16 to be released sooner, I'm more likely to buy that than ever buy DLC.

Hmm, pie.

Boutros said:
This really comes off as a parity issue. Same will probably go with Kingdom Hearts III. That's really sad if true.

We saw that degrade the development of Final Fantasy XIII, so it's not surprising.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Sunstrider said:

Here is the link for the article: http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/04/02/final-fantasy-xv-director-addresses-demo-frame-rate-ps4xbox-one-differences-dlc-and-more/

Highlights from the article:

"First of all, he mentioned that as development proceeds towards the finished game, performance will be improved as much as possible. In the Platinum Demo developers introduced dynamic resolution with 1080p as the upper limit."

"the game will be playable at E3"

"The demo was not intended to showcase the game’s frame rate, as it was more aimed to let players experience the world. Verifying how dynamic resolution worked was also the first priority as opposed to frame rate."

"he thinks that there will be DLC for the game, both paid and free"

I never thought it would be this bad. I remember last gen people were saying how Square-Enix was always going for top teir graphics (the excuse for XIII linearity), and the demo is probably one of the worst looking games this gen that was exclusive for next gen consoles (not talking about Ghosts, or AC IV, ect). 

If they were trying to impress people with the visuals, they are releasing this 2 and a half years too late.

RenCutypoison said:
V-r0cK said:

The only DLC i want is Noctis' original outfit because that looks cooler than his one now.

It was a contract with a fashion designer, so they might not have the rights to do that anymore.

You have that backwards I believe. Noctis original outfit was a placeholder outfit by Nomura. The current outfits are by a fashion designer.