By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV Director addresses the latest Demo

A pc release would alleviate all frame rate concerns, wink wink nudge nudge hey.

Around the Network
Panama said:
A pc release would alleviate all frame rate concerns, wink wink nudge nudge hey.

And also deter some # of sales as people pirate rather than buy the console version. As its a single person game, piracy will be high... (and part of the reason for the delayed pc port).

He should have answered with 'Just get a PS4K'

I don't get why people are so fixated on the Platinum demo as if it's actually a part of the final game. Tabata already mentioned that the purpose of the demo was pretty much just to test new things and showcase some visual features of the game. It does not and will not represent the graphical performance of the final game.

It's just a tech demo.

BasilZero said:
DLC part is obvious considering FFXIII-2 and FFXIII LR had DLC.

Anyways, is the demo permanent or limited?

I Think that is limited until the game releases, you will get Carbuncle, if finish the Demo, aparently Carbuncle, will still be the same summon of the other games, a Support Summon.

Around the Network
Swordmasterman said:
BasilZero said:
DLC part is obvious considering FFXIII-2 and FFXIII LR had DLC.

Anyways, is the demo permanent or limited?

I Think that is limited until the game releases, you will get Carbuncle, if finish the Demo, aparently Carbuncle, will still be the same summon of the other games, a Support Summon.

I think the demo will be stay longer and will last even after the release as it is the only way you can get carbuncle. Carbuncle is a bonus summon not included in the main game.

curl-6 said:
Boutros said:
This really comes off as a parity issue. Same will probably go with Kingdom Hearts III. That's really sad if true.

How exactly does this situation suggest parity?

It's something he said in another interview:

" The full game will be optimized for each console, though they haven’t decided if both console versions will be exactly the same once optimization is finished."

What is there to decide if not enforcing parity or not?

walsufnir said:
Boutros said:
This really comes off as a parity issue. Same will probably go with Kingdom Hearts III. That's really sad if true.

Yes, it's sad. The PS4 is just so massively overpowered compared to the Xbone, yet nobody invests the time to exploit the system. MS is clearly paying japanese SE to make the game worse on the japanese console from the japanese company for a game that will sell 500 units on the MS console and millions on the japanese console - in Japan (well, perhaps not millon*s* but many, many more).

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7841088

And it wouldn't be that surprising that Microsoft wanted parity when they signed that contract for FFXV and Kingdom Hearts III on the XBO. I would too.

Still need to download demo. Free DLC I'm good with

walsufnir said:
Boutros said:

Yes, it's sad. The PS4 is just so massively overpowered compared to the Xbone, yet nobody invests the time to exploit the system. MS is clearly paying japanese SE to make the game worse on the japanese console from the japanese company for a game that will sell 500 units on the MS console and millions on the japanese console - in Japan (well, perhaps not millon*s* but many, many more).

It will sell Millions on PS4, and First Week, and on Japan Alone.