By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Star Ocean 5 is a less than 20 hour jrpg MORE proof, Amazon japan users complaining

BraLoD said:
vivster said:
An RPG that doesn't at least include 20h of grinding and questing is not worth my time.

So you love Disgaea with a burning passion?

I probably would but sadly I could never get into it. All the thousands of gameplay mechanics are too overwhelming for me.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I'm fine with it that, though he could a just binged through it. Playing games like the Witcher makes me appreciate short games. Plus I believe Star Ocean 4 was like 30hours plus extra

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

I like long JRPGs, but this doesn't necessarily mean anything to me. Some of my favorite SNES and GBA RPGs could be completed in the 20-30 hour range, and definitely weren't any worse for it. Sometimes it just means less padding, grinding...or the story might just not be overextended like many other games in the genre.

That being said, this game really isn't on my radar, and it could be the case that it really is lacking on game content. I just don't think a number alone is enough to make that call.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

it's on the lower end but still acceptable.

There is a difference between not rushing and doing everything. It's not two extremes. There's rushing, playIng normally and there's the completionist style. The 3 can vary a lot on length. For example a Tales game can last 30, 60 or +100 hours depending on the person. You can also finish most Atelier games in little more than 20 hours (and its not even fast paced real time) but i have spent around 100h with each

Anyway sounds good enough, i'm interested because the combat looks better than most recent pseudo rpgs, has better visuals than Tales, and has nice music.
And Ai Kakuma's voice.

Around the Network

Seems short for an RPG but long in general so, I'm fine with it.

Does no one remember you spend like 50 hours on absurd stuff in most SO games? SO2 Orchestra anyone?

GTA is 20h too without side missions, it doesnt make it à bad game

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

As long as it's all killer and no filler, then that's alright for me. The Tales of games I've played took me 40 - 50 hours to complete, but I probably only enjoyed like less than half the dungeons. Also had a bunch of back-tracking.

Quality over Quantity, i have tons of other games to beat. I wouldnt mind if its 20h, it has awesome graphics and the world looks beatiful