By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Approaching 2m Lead In The US

it should be around 4-5ml by the end of the year. I could see it being 3ml if an xbox slim is released before ps4.5

Around the Network

All the right moves. I think the real success story of the gen is Sony reclaiming the USA. Microsoft has put up a tremendous effort so far and I'm slightly shocked that they haven't been able to gain any ground back after the success of the 360 here.

tokilamockingbrd said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I haven't looked at the figures for a while but as of the 19th March they stand at:

PS4: 13,475,165
XB1: 11,749,987

3m by the end of May? I predicted 5m - 5.5m by the end of 2016. Is it possible?

I think it will be interesting how people categorize PS4.5

If people try to count it as a seperate console it will not. However, I see the PS4.5 being treated very similiar to how the DS and DSi were treated. Meaning we typically got seperate numbers but both counted for the same grand total. 

Why should or would anyone want to classify it as a different console? They both run the exact same games.

That's like saying we should count the sales of a 500GB SKU differently from  1TB SKU. 

I think you start counting them sepertarly is an unnecessary complication. If the PS4k (assuming it even comes to market) had games made for it that you could only play on it and not the PS4 or vice versa then yes, it would make sense to count them seperately. 

Intrinsic said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

I think it will be interesting how people categorize PS4.5

If people try to count it as a seperate console it will not. However, I see the PS4.5 being treated very similiar to how the DS and DSi were treated. Meaning we typically got seperate numbers but both counted for the same grand total. 

Why should or would anyone want to classify it as a different console? They both run the exact same games.

That's like saying we should count the sales of a 500GB SKU differently from  1TB SKU. 

I think you start counting them sepertarly is an unnecessary complication. If the PS4k (assuming it even comes to market) had games made for it that you could only play on it and not the PS4 or vice versa then yes, it would make sense to count them seperately. 

People are really taking into factor a Half-ass Rumor ?,  if they have a new PS4, will just be a PS4 Slim, without power upgrade, there is little to nothing to make the upgrade seems something relevant, without make the console too Expensive, Xbox One Upgradable, already is a confirmation from Microsoft, NX, is a confirmation from Nintendo (not sure if will launch this year), but PS4.5, PS4K, are just rumors.

COX said:
I wonder if we will see with U4 release a situation like N64 vs Ps1 with the gap growing much faster after FF7.

It is already the case compared to last year but I think that U4/Vr can make the gap growth every month reach a new high.

Ya this Gen we even have Sega releasing the Dreamca- er Nintendo releasing the NX right during the peak window for the current gen consoles. 

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network
Swordmasterman said:
Intrinsic said:

People are really taking into factor a Half-ass Rumor ?,  if they have a new PS4, will just be a PS4 Slim, without power upgrade, there is little to nothing to make the upgrade seems something relevant, without make the console too Expensive, Xbox One Upgradable, already is a confirmation from Microsoft, NX, is a confirmation from Nintendo (not sure if will launch this year), but PS4.5, PS4K, are just rumors.

rumors that Sony is not denying even with places like the WSJ talking about it. 

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Now they only have to release a PS4K for world domination

Swordmasterman said:
The_BlackHeart__ said:

You probably already know that the studios that Sony owns are not the ones necessarily working on VR.

Naughty Dog, stated that they will never work with VR, i don't think that Sony, is forcing their studios to work with VR, they already have a lot of Third Party companies working on it.

For now. If VR becomes the new thing then expect the next console to be a VR only console and expect all inhouse studios to convert. You dont invest heavily into new devices to just keep it as a secondary. If its popular enough then we will be gaming in a very different way and wont be by choice. Im not a fan of VR and those 3rd party devs making VR games are the test of time. 

TheDeleter said:
Swordmasterman said:

Naughty Dog, stated that they will never work with VR, i don't think that Sony, is forcing their studios to work with VR, they already have a lot of Third Party companies working on it.

For now. If VR becomes the new thing then expect the next console to be a VR only console and expect all inhouse studios to convert. You dont invest heavily into new devices to just keep it as a secondary. If its popular enough then we will be gaming in a very different way and wont be by choice. Im not a fan of VR and those 3rd party devs making VR games are the test of time. 

Please tell me how heavily Sony has invested in the development of PSVR, because I haven't seen any statement from Sony about it.

tokilamockingbrd said:
Swordmasterman said:

rumors that Sony is not denying even with places like the WSJ talking about it. 

Nintendo, also do not Deny any NX's Rumor, if Sony, have a PS4 Slim, or something like that (they will not make a PS4K), they will not Deny the Rumors, if they say that they don't have nothing planned this would be a Lie, and would also mean a Deny, a deny now is the worse thing, because Rumors would continue to Spread even after that, only the Announcement of the PS4 Slim (the true thing that they are working, and will not have a better performance) would dismiss all those rumors, Had Rumors of Quantum Break, Gears of War, and ScaleBound coming for PC, Microsoft, denied it, and now 2 of them already are confirmed.

If they announce a Cheaper PS4 (PS4 Slim), they will lose sales now, because of that they don't Deny, if was a PS4K, they would not lose sales because would be a Niche, expensive into the Space console.