By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NX Developer Gives leaks info.

Very interesting reading.

Around the Network

I found it funny in NX "leaks" to highlight it as more powerful than PS4. Off course it has to be. A system that is coming at least three years later has to be powerful compared to a system that was released long ago.

celador said:
$300 for a console more powerful than PS4, with a more expensive-to-develop controller.

Seems unlikely.

But I would be happy of this leak was accurate.

He doesnt now the final price. He is speculating based on what he has.

But in the questiona on Reddit, he first said 400$, and someone sugested if it couldnt be 250$, but he said 300$ is more likely than 250$. It had some discution about one version without the controler with the screen.

KLXVER said:
"It is a powerful, flexible traditional console, with very minor gimmicks that don't get in the way. Very unlike Nintendo, at least the Nintendo of the last 15 years."

Doesn't really sound like the console Iwata said was going to surprise and innovate...

They questioned that for him too.

The inovative talk was only for marketing porposes. Iwata was exagerating to keep people interested.

According to the leaker.

KLXVER said:
A third party developer on a Nintendo console? Fake!

Lel. Yep confirmed fake.

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Platina said:

Not really a tech person, but if that is the case, then it could be good.. will have to wait and see if this rumor is real or not

Nintendo could even have the edge in terms of casual games.
Rumors say it is using an OS derived from Android, coupled with the potential of ARM being the CPU of choice... Could mean Nintendo might be able to leverage the entire Android software ecosystem and it's 1+ billion devices.

Plus... Nintendo has shown some interest in building games for Android... Potentially 2 birds 1 stone.
However... Probably unlikely as Nintendo likes to lock things down tightly. :P

Don't be so negative, at least this time Nintendo is also interested in mobile (Android) gaming. They'll probably just make their own Android skin and, with luck, put some restrictions to the apps/games available on their machine.

But we've had other "leaks" saying that NX's OS won't be based on Android, so who knows what will happen.

daredevil.shark said:
I found it funny in NX "leaks" to highlight it as more powerful than PS4. Off course it has to be. A system that is coming at least three years later has to be powerful compared to a system that was released long ago.

Didn't you learn anything when Wii U lanched? Nintendo is more than capable of launching a machine less powerful than PS4/X1.

And depending on how that device was, it wouldn't even be such a bad idea (as much as I dislike it).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

If this is at all accurate then *yawn*

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

JEMC said:
Pemalite said:

Nintendo could even have the edge in terms of casual games.
Rumors say it is using an OS derived from Android, coupled with the potential of ARM being the CPU of choice... Could mean Nintendo might be able to leverage the entire Android software ecosystem and it's 1+ billion devices.

Plus... Nintendo has shown some interest in building games for Android... Potentially 2 birds 1 stone.
However... Probably unlikely as Nintendo likes to lock things down tightly. :P

Don't be so negative, at least this time Nintendo is also interested in mobile (Android) gaming. They'll probably just make their own Android skin and, with luck, put some restrictions to the apps/games available on their machine.

But we've had other "leaks" saying that NX's OS won't be based on Android, so who knows what will happen.

daredevil.shark said:

Didn't you learn anything when Wii U lanched? Nintendo is more than capable of launching a machine less powerful than PS4/X1.

And depending on how that device was, it wouldn't even be such a bad idea (as much as I dislike it).

I'm not being negative, I am not against Nintendo at all either.
I am being realistic.
Nintendo typically has never supported any other platform or had it's platforms opened up, only recently has there been a shift in that paradigm, but we are yet to see the fruits of that. (I.E. Mobile games.)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
JEMC said:

I'm not being negative, I am not against Nintendo at all either.
I am being realistic.
Nintendo typically has never supported any other platform or had it's platforms opened up, only recently has there been a shift in that paradigm, but we are yet to see the fruits of that. (I.E. Mobile games.)

It wasn't meant to be a criticism. Only a gentle suggestion to be more optimistic.

As you said, Nintendo never had a real incentive towards being open, but things now seem to be different and Nintendo has reasons to be more open.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I don't really have a reason to believe any of those Reddit devs..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---