By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXV team ambition is to sell 10 millions

Blood_Tears said:
MortienGerrux said:

Lolololol, goodluck selling 10 million without a confirmed PC/NX version. Xbox One will barely hit 1 million sales (Japanese games simply don't sell well), so PS4 needs to sell 9 million copies.

Playstation and Final Fantasy sell hand in hand. Even though it's not exclusive it sells like one on PS systems. It's a system mover for them because that's the majority of the fanbase and Lolololol at thinking a JRPG will sell millions of copies on PC. This isn't Skyrim, the brand power on PC is not there for JRPG's. And just in case you're going this route, I don't care about Steam Spy bullshit numbers for some JRPG's cause most of them are 3 dollar sales from Winter/Summer/Fall sales..

Still more sales then on Xbox One, I don't know what Square Enix is thinking.

Around the Network

Well that isn't going to happen.

Goatseye said:
Ruler said:

i mean gameplaywise not graphics you can move where you want in Tekken. Tekken and DoA are actually the last 3D fighting games currently,so i cant blame you confusing the two :)

Nope they arent. KI with every characters is more expensive than SF5. SF5 has the best gameplay out of any of these games, everyone agrees with that. Except when Tekken 7 comes out SF5 is the best fighting game

You can buy all the characters and costumes from for KI for $60. Also, taste for fighting games' gameplay and mechanics is relative. 

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Bundle/Killer-Instinct-SUPREME-EDITION/6ab7a4a1-b5fa-47e7-a653-934325f58980

Excuse me, but why are you guys arguing about Fighting games, when we are arguing about Final Fantasy's Sales ?, Street Fighter, will have 5 Years to sell, and the Game Launched Broken, Square Enix, will not make a Multiplayer game, is a Single Player Open World Adventure, JRPG, Story-telling Game, they already released 3 Demos for the Game, the game will be  a True Next Gen game, The game Can  easily sell 10 Millions Worldwide, and can sell 2.5+ Millions just on Japan, with Anime, Movie, Tons of Demos, a Car, they have the Hype for it, and everything will follow the release of the game.

MortienGerrux said:
Blood_Tears said:

Playstation and Final Fantasy sell hand in hand. Even though it's not exclusive it sells like one on PS systems. It's a system mover for them because that's the majority of the fanbase and Lolololol at thinking a JRPG will sell millions of copies on PC. This isn't Skyrim, the brand power on PC is not there for JRPG's. And just in case you're going this route, I don't care about Steam Spy bullshit numbers for some JRPG's cause most of them are 3 dollar sales from Winter/Summer/Fall sales..

Still more sales then on Xbox One, I don't know what Square Enix is thinking.

JRPG, don't sell well on PC, Dragon Quest Heros, barely make 40 thousands of copies sold, Final Fantasy XIII, sold just a little over 500 Thousands on PC, and for 15US$, if there is something that will sell Final Fantasy, is Nintendo, or Sony's Consoles, Nintendo, had 6 Main-line Final Fantasy Games exclusive for their system, and Sony, had 5 Main-line Final Fantasy Game exclusives for their system, both have a Fan-base to do this, i still think that PS4, can do this alone, this is the most awaited Final Fantasy Game of All Times, never in the History a Final Fantasy Game, took 7 years from 1 Tittle  to the Other.

Ka-pi96 said:
teigaga said:

Even XIII sold 7m and that didn't have the hype or accessibility of XV. XV will benefit from passable to the mainstream gameplay wise.

wut? 13 had insane hype before it released!

Exactly. I only follow the FF releases since 10, and I can tell you it was arguably the most hyped game of not only the FF series but the entire last generation. People went insane when they announced that it is going multiplatform ffs

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Makes sense, 10 years of development is surely expensive. 10m is high, but FFXV will very likely end up on 4 platforms eventually (PS4, XB1, PC and NX), more than previous FF games, so it might stand a chance.

These numbers will of course just be talking about PS4 and XB1, as they have not touched PC or NX development. PC and NX will likely add 1-2m of required sales on top of that.

So in order to be successful in their eyes it has to become the best-selling Final Fantasy game?

Rêveur said:
Well then, the game's already failed. The PS4 might be selling a lot but I don't see all those people buying the game especially after the way Square Enix has treated it's fans the last decade and the poor quality of the Final Fantasy XIII games. I don't have the exact figures but I don't thnk that the install base of the PS4 and the Xbox One will that much greater than what the install base of the PS3 and Xbox360 was at the time of XIII's release. Despite all the hype and the wait, that game has failed to reach 10 million (when only considering PS3 and Xbox360 versions and according to VGChartz numbers). Plus the fact that even the most popular of Final Fantasies barely crossed that line nearly 20 years after its release, and after a multitude of releases, many of which were at low and discounted prices.

Most likely, the game will get sequels and will make back money with those.

PS4, selling at this peace will be at over 45 Millions in the End of September, can be more beacuse of Uncharted, or even more because of VR, Xbox One, is selling over 300 thousands per month, so it will be at over 22 Millions, this is 67 Millions of Install Base, the PS3 + Xbox 360, barely had 45 Millions.

MortienGerrux said:

Lolololol, goodluck selling 10 million without a confirmed PC/NX version. Xbox One will barely hit 1 million sales (Japanese games simply don't sell well), so PS4 needs to sell 9 million copies.

Well FF13 on 360 did a little over 2mil so it is indeed possible.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Swordmasterman said:
Goatseye said:

You can buy all the characters and costumes from for KI for $60. Also, taste for fighting games' gameplay and mechanics is relative. 

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Bundle/Killer-Instinct-SUPREME-EDITION/6ab7a4a1-b5fa-47e7-a653-934325f58980

Excuse me, but why are you guys arguing about Fighting games, when we are arguing about Final Fantasy's Sales ?, Street Fighter, will have 5 Years to sell, and the Game Launched Broken, Square Enix, will not make a Multiplayer game, is a Single Player Open World Adventure, JRPG, Story-telling Game, they already released 3 Demos for the Game, the game will be  a True Next Gen game, The game Can  easily sell 10 Millions Worldwide, and can sell 2.5+ Millions just on Japan, with Anime, Movie, Tons of Demos, a Car, they have the Hype for it, and everything will follow the release of the game.

Reading your post felt like tripping on acid in a kaledoscopic world, while riding a roller coaster. XD

I agree with you, just needed to fact check a fallacy.