By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXV team ambition is to sell 10 millions

Ka-pi96 said:
teigaga said:

Even XIII sold 7m and that didn't have the hype or accessibility of XV. XV will benefit from passable to the mainstream gameplay wise.

wut? 13 had insane hype before it released!

It did, but it also had 3-4 months of bad press and previews leading up to release. So, it's not like that can't happen with FF15, but it wasn't all positive momentum.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Also, Square has to be well on their way. They've already made over $8 million in revenue on the Ultimate Collector's Editions alone (they've all sold out).

Can only see this happening if it hits all platforms, X1, PS4, NX and PC.

Ka-pi96 said:
outlawauron said:
Also, Square has to be well on their way. They've already made over $8 million in revenue on the Ultimate Collector's Editions alone (they've all sold out).

Aren't those figures that were with it usually pretty expensive though? I don't expect those ultimate collector's editions will be much more profitable than a regular version.

They're expensive to buy, but the Play Art Kai series is a high end figure in brand name only. They're usually worse detailed and done than what you'd expect from Good Smile Company or Kotobukiya. Both have very high margins and both usually sell their figures for cheaper. I would be shocked if they cost more than $30 to produce.

Ka-pi96 said:
outlawauron said:

Aren't those figures that were with it usually pretty expensive though? I don't expect those ultimate collector's editions will be much more profitable than a regular version.

I Don't think that is too Expensive, is just a Blu-ray of the Movie, the Soundtrack of the Anime, Movie, Game, the  3D Model of Noctis, a 160 Pages Art Book, a Bunch of DLC, and i think that  this isn't all.

They Will get 200 Millions of Revenue just with the Car.

Around the Network

I wonder how many people are buying two copies like me? xD Im going to get it digital because I cant wait for the game store to open, and then pick up the physical the next day, I would have gotten the collectors if it didn't sell out.

tbone51 said:
Final Fantasy XV needs to sell 10 million units to succeed
Via Kotaku UKhttp://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/03/31/f...ies-to-succeed

At a press conference this morning, director Hajima Tabata answered that question: it needs to sell 10 million copies, worldwide, over entire the life-span of the game. For context, that's more than any Final Fantasy game has ever sold except Final Fantasy VII, almost twice as much as The Witcher 3 has sold so far, and twice as much as Metal Gear Solid V has sold to date.

For some added context: The best selling installment, FF VII, sold under 10 million until several re-releases/ports later

that's some tall order mr. Hajima has there, although i'm not surprised. i had a feeling that the intention was to make Final Fantasy XV surpass the legendary classic in everyway possible, that includes sales. not gonna lie, that's a fearful goal to have in mind with the current generation's extreme obession with first person shooter games and grand theft auto games.

it doesn't seem realistic, but given the Ultimate Edition isn't available anymore, there is a glimmer of hope.

lonerism said:
I think it's possible, having a good word of mouth...

It would help if the games actually, you know, good.

Just a heads up: even if XV sells 10M, SE will still report that FFXV's sales were "disappointing"

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

TheBlackNaruto said:
MortienGerrux said:

Lolololol, goodluck selling 10 million without a confirmed PC/NX version. Xbox One will barely hit 1 million sales (Japanese games simply don't sell well), so PS4 needs to sell 9 million copies.

Well FF13 on 360 did a little over 2mil so it is indeed possible.

2 million on 80 million Xbox 360 so 600-700k on 20-25 million Xbox One?

Lol wut? It might achieve it, but I think it'll be a tough one.