By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXV team ambition is to sell 10 millions

Considering the length of dveelopement its also a reasonable expectation

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
It all boils down to reviews. If it is truly AAA I don/t see why it wouldn't. If it has some issues as FFXIII had, get ready for sub 5 million numbers this time around.

Even XIII sold 7m and that didn't have the hype or accessibility of XV. XV will benefit from passable to the mainstream gameplay wise.

Ruler said:
Ka-pi96 said:

huh, I actually thought Street Fighter was too. Guess you learn something new everyday :o

i mean gameplaywise not graphics you can move where you want in Tekken. Tekken and DoA are actually the last 3D fighting games currently,so i cant blame you confusing the two :)

TheBlackNaruto said:

While it may currently have the best graphics for a fighting game this gen it is not the best. SSB Wii U and KI are currently better than it is. And to be honest I am thinking Tekken 7 will be better when it comes out as well.  To be honest SFV was a let down and not what the fans wanted. capom just seems like they threw SFV together without any real care. Still a fun game but the quality if not what is used to be....as with most Capcom games smh.

Nope they arent. KI with every characters is more expensive than SF5. SF5 has the best gameplay out of any of these games, everyone agrees with that. Except when Tekken 7 comes out SF5 is the best fighting game

You can buy all the characters and costumes from for KI for $60. Also, taste for fighting games' gameplay and mechanics is relative. 

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Bundle/Killer-Instinct-SUPREME-EDITION/6ab7a4a1-b5fa-47e7-a653-934325f58980

Lolololol, goodluck selling 10 million without a confirmed PC/NX version. Xbox One will barely hit 1 million sales (Japanese games simply don't sell well), so PS4 needs to sell 9 million copies.

SE says this everytime. This less about making back development money and finally saying we beat ff7.

Around the Network

It is really possible, they made a Anime, made a CG Film, and the Game already is one of the most awaited games in Japan.

10 years of development + movie (with all those renowed voice actors) + anime + 2 demos.

I figured it was gonna be astronomical.

But... they did well generatimg hype with the event. It got me interested.

MortienGerrux said:

Lolololol, goodluck selling 10 million without a confirmed PC/NX version. Xbox One will barely hit 1 million sales (Japanese games simply don't sell well), so PS4 needs to sell 9 million copies.

Playstation and Final Fantasy sell hand in hand. Even though it's not exclusive it sells like one on PS systems. It's a system mover for them because that's the majority of the fanbase and Lolololol at thinking a JRPG will sell millions of copies on PC. This isn't Skyrim, the brand power on PC is not there for JRPG's. And just in case you're going this route, I don't care about Steam Spy bullshit numbers for some JRPG's cause most of them are 3 dollar sales from Winter/Summer/Fall sales..

Aerys said:
Boutros said:

It can absolutely do it. It's more appealing to the western market than FFXIII was and that's where consoles are healthy. But I think it will need a PC version to reach that.

And by the way The Witcher 3 has shipped 10 million copies already unlike what Kotaku is saying.

It's very unlikely it doesnt do it indeed, FF 13 did 7,4M with a small marketing ( in comparison to this historic one ) and not being an open world.

So being a huge super ambitious open world with great names on it, great OST, an anime, a movie with 3 big stars, i dont see how it couldnt do it.

FFXV will be the sign of the rebirth of japanese games outside Japan.

The Narrator of the "Final Fantasy XV Uncovered" had a very strong voice, do you know his name ?, i want to know.

Pavolink said:
Considering this game is likely going to be ported to every toaster in the multiverse, it will most likely reach it.

So, how much does it need to sell to get a thread from you?