By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: New PS4k/PS4.5 leak via NeoGAF - GPU twice as powerful, dev kits already in developers' hands, $399-$499

Too many rumours. E3 is not what it used to be and with these, it gets even worse. Seems like a successor to PS3.

Around the Network
green_sky said:
Too many rumours. E3 is not what it used to be and with these, it gets even worse. Seems like a successor to PS3.

I wouldnt be surprise if this means:

Old PS4 : 1080p medium settings

new PS4k : 1440p high settings upscaled to 4k

Question is how many are gonna want that?

Most people dont even have 4k TVs.

I have a 4K TV but I can't justify upgrading my PS4 after only 2 years of having it. I've barely played any next gen games, I've mostly played GTA5 and TLOU:R, any next gen games (Watch Dogs, AC Unity and a few others have all been disappointing.

I also can't justify an UltraHD blu ray player yet as there's no content, I got the TV for future proofing with the intention of it lasting in the region of 10 years. 

Twice the GPU power? that pretty well confirms it is fake as you won't be running games at 4k with only twice the GPU power unless you want to be watching a slideshow.

LudicrousSpeed said:

G

GribbleGrunger said:
The leak could hurt Sony. The leaker describe it as 'considerable sacrifices to performance' on the PS4 but it's not really. It's an 'improved performance for PS4K owners.' This is taking a positive and presenting it in a negative way. I'm worried about this now because the media are going to run with that ONE sentence.

No offense lol but how do you have ANY idea that this is the case? No one can know this until the games are out and playable on both systems.

Especially for vr games, there will be significant sacrifices, I guess. Ps4 and psvr will be a worse solution by all means, I guess.

Around the Network
nanarchy said:
Twice the GPU power? that pretty well confirms it is fake as you won't be running games at 4k with only twice the GPU power unless you want to be watching a slideshow.

That would mean the GPU is like Nvidia Geforce 970 level.

Its not really enough for 4k... thats why everyone is saying it ll be upscaled to 4k.

xl-klaudkil said:
Hope this is all just a ps4 slimm.
Not going to buy every 2-3 years a new console.

The great thing about this is, Sony is not releasing a PS5, just an enhanced PS4 which will share it's entire library with PS4. So if you are still happy with your PS4, then you will not have to upgrade to get the latest 1st and 2nd party exclusives. This is strictly for those that want to the latest tech, have a 4K TV, or have yet to buy a PS4. This gives consumers options while, and only makes the PlayStation brand stronger.

Jicale said:
If true, who would buy the PS5 at release date? Just sit back, wait for the next gen game catalogue to build and buy the PS5.5 mid gen.

I would buy it day one. I would even buy a PS4 Spec 3 day one if they decide to try and drag this gen out until they can release a system that is fully capable of Ray Traced graphics which won't happen til probably 2022 - 2024. I love having the latest tech, and the long periods in between consoles always made me eventually build a PC. If Sony is going to scartch that itch with a better PS unit every 3 - 4 years, and allows me to keep on playing my games on the old unit in the bedroom, or the new unit in the living room, then I am all the way down with this.  

GribbleGrunger said:
Aerys said:

There is a big problem : THey woulkd make less effort to optimise the game on the basic PS4, imagine games less impressive on your PS4 than they could be because more time is invested in the new PS4 ? It's very likely thats what will happen...

Yep, Sony need to send a copy of UC4 to every single developer and tell then that quality is what they expect from every PS4 game. Then when the PS4K releases, people with PS4s won't be so annoyed. It's an upgrade, not a downgrade ... but it's too late IMO. Sony never had time to put their messaging together, the messaging has been put together by the leakers.

This is the only scary thing about this whole situation. We have seen many times in this industry just what can happen once the media decides they don't like something. Hopefully Sony can get the real picture out to the news outlets soon before they decide they hate it before even knowing what it is.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

That's fake. If otherwise, someone needs to be punched in the face for this.

bet: lost

If this leak is real, I actually hope Sony gets in front of this.
Letting media and leakers dictate what message your product gets is never a good thing.

KBG29 said:

GribbleGrunger said:

Yep, Sony need to send a copy of UC4 to every single developer and tell then that quality is what they expect from every PS4 game. Then when the PS4K releases, people with PS4s won't be so annoyed. It's an upgrade, not a downgrade ... but it's too late IMO. Sony never had time to put their messaging together, the messaging has been put together by the leakers.

This is the only scary thing about this whole situation. We have seen many times in this industry just what can happen once the media decides they don't like something. Hopefully Sony can get the real picture out to the news outlets soon before they decide they hate it before even knowing what it is.

Yep, it's genuinely worrying. I have bad feeling about this. I can't see how Sony can rectify this messaging because if they do it early, sales of the PS4 would fall because people will wait for the PS4K, so all they can do right now is let the media dictate that messaging and perception is everything.

The PS5 Exists.