By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Nuvendil said:

FINALLY found this thread!  Tagging.

Ps: So...why does Rogers get her own special thread when the whole point of this thread was to centralize all the rumors?  

Because not every rumor got posted and/or discussed here, and also because the number of Emily Roger related threads was, imho, ridiculous.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
DanneSandin said:

Good points, but having some sort of IR sensing would ease porting games over from the Wii U to Switch I guess, no? If Nintendo only wanted to let you know you had a new notification, they could just as easily have made some sort of flashing lamp on the docking station, similar to the home button on the Wii U gamepad.

Maybe it's a simplified way to reproduce the multitouch using IR sensors? Maybe you can move the controller up, down and sideways to indicate a simple motion?

Considering my thought experiment above (if you even can call it that), I would think that precise motions isn't required when using the joycons, so having the docking station standing beside the TV wouldn't be a problem.

Having the led for notifications on the dock would limit its function, as you would only see it when at home and with the Switch docked (because so far we still don't know if the dock has extra hardware or not). Having the notification function on the Switch would allow you to get them whenever a wi-fi connection is available.

As for the IR sensor, the Wii U gampad didn't have one, and if the function on the Switch is to swing side to side or up and down, a gyroscope would be a far better solution to that that could be implemented on both joy-cons and that wouldn't require the console to be in front of the TV and aligned with the controller.

Good points. I'm all out of other possibilities :P

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

JEMC said:
Nuvendil said:

FINALLY found this thread!  Tagging.

Ps: So...why does Rogers get her own special thread when the whole point of this thread was to centralize all the rumors?  

Because not every rumor got posted and/or discussed here, and also because the number of Emily Roger related threads was, imho, ridiculous.

But just make this the Rumor thread as the title suggests and dump them all here including hers!  I wanted to say this back before the Rogers thread was made but couldn't find this thread to link to for the life of me :P

Nuvendil said:
JEMC said:

But just make this the Rumor thread as the title suggests and dump them all here including hers!  I wanted to say this back before the Rogers thread was made but couldn't find this thread to link to for the life of me :P

It would have been a blessing if that had happened, but I'm sure that you've noticed that there are a lot of Nintendo fans on this site and, I don't know why, every new rumor or bit of info about them usually results in (at least) a couple of threads.

Trying to not only fight that habit but make them come to an already created thread to post those new bits of info would be a lost cause.

That said, I've noticed that "Official" threads tend to achieve this kind of miracle, so maybe someone should have had to create an official NX discussion thread last year where all of this stuff could have been placed.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Has this been discussed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC9zxhqpfAo
Seems like the price might be $249.99, according to several "leaks"

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:

Has this been discussed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC9zxhqpfAo
Seems like the price might be $249.99, according to several "leaks"

Not here, but we've had two threads about it.

One for the canadian Toy'R'us leak: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=222600

And another one for the UK Game leak: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=222604

So what do you think Nintendo will include in the Switch bundles? Will Nintendo make a Wii Sports/Nintendoland game bundled with all the Switches?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
So what do you think Nintendo will include in the Switch bundles? Will Nintendo make a Wii Sports/Nintendoland game bundled with all the Switches?

I don't think they'll make another Wii Sports or NintendoLand. Those games were made to show the "gimmick" of the console, and in the case of the Switch, the "gimmick" is that you can ue it at home on the TV or on the go, and that's something that doesn't need explanation and that every game will do.

If the price leaks are true, and the rumor about two SKUs are also true, I think the base model will only come with the basic stuff (console+dock+cables) and the premium one will come with the same stuff plus a game. Which one? I doubt it's Zelda (which now we don't even know if it will be ready at launch), but it could be one of the WiiU "enhanced" ports, maybe Mario Kart.

What I don't think any of them will have is the Pro controller.

What I'd LIKE to see is a bundle a game AND a pro controller, but that's not gonna happen - not for $299 at least.

Having two SKU's makes sense; one basic and one premium, bundled (maybe/probably) with Mario.

Booom!

There's a new rumor about the Switch's price

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5lld9n/argos_uk_preorder_in_store_its_looking_a_lot_like/

£299 is about 349 €.

I really hope it's only a placeholder or the price of a bundle SKU, because if it's true and that's the cost of the base console, the Switch is way too expensive.