By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SWITCH Rumor Round-up

Wow, I hope those are price placeholders! I'm not buying a $400 Switch...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:

The italian leak says that if the device costs less than that, they'll refund the difference, making it look like a placeholder. But who knows...

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

DanneSandin said:

Yeah 400 dollers and it possibly will be the worst release well see yet...Im hoping for a stunning low price of 200 to 250...

But...Nintendo says they wont sell this at a loss.

I've always thought it'll sell for $249, and I'm sticking by that. Maybe, maybe that it'll cost $299 - but no more than that.

Or did I think it would sell for $299 and hoping for $249? Dunno, can't remember

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

The last days I've posted two Switch rumors about its price that weren't... very positive. Today I have another one that's the complete opposite:

UK Retailer Lists Nintendo Switch With March 17th Release, $245 Price

http://wccftech.com/uk-retailer-lists-nintendo-switch-march-17th-release-245-price/

Earlier today, UK retailer GameSeek started listing the Nintendo Switch console with a March 17th launch date, a date which appeared in other earlier listings, with a £198.50 price, around $245. Interestingly enough, GameSeek is offering a preorder price guarantee, so there’s a very good chance that the final price won’t be too different from the currently listed one.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

i believe the rumors of $250 basic bundle and $300 premium bundle.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:

What are the suggested differences between those two SKUs?

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
zorg1000 said:

I believe it was more storage (probably 32gb vs 64gb) & Splatoon bundled. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few other small extras like the Joy-Con Grip & My Nintendo coins as well.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
RolStoppable said:

I believe it was more storage (probably 32gb vs 64gb) & Splatoon bundled. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few other small extras like the Joy-Con Grip & My Nintendo coins as well.

Bigger SD card, okay.
Bundled game, okay.

I assume with the Joy-con grip you mean the bridge part to make a dog face. Such a piece of plastic isn't expensive and should come with every SKU. The same goes for the My Nintendo coins.

Although the only difference between SKUs should be bundled games and/or additional controllers (as in, a Pro Controller), that way the lower priced standard SKU won't feel gimped. Better not repeat that Wii U nonsense.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
zorg1000 said:

Bigger SD card, okay.
Bundled game, okay.

I assume with the Joy-con grip you mean the bridge part to make a dog face. Such a piece of plastic isn't expensive and should come with every SKU. The same goes for the My Nintendo coins.

Although the only difference between SKUs should be bundled games and/or additional controllers (as in, a Pro Controller), that way the lower priced standard SKU won't feel gimped. Better not repeat that Wii U nonsense.

I believe Wii U Deluxe had the little plastic cradle and the Digital Deluxe Promotion so its not unprecedented for Nintendo to offer things that cost nothing exclusively to one sku.

Pretty much anytime a company has offered a basic & premium sku, the basic ones sole purpose is to make the premium sku look like a better value so thats what i see happening here.

Personally i think a single $250 sku with 32gb, Splatoon and the other little extras would be better.