By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - G4TV gives Crisis Core a 4 !

kingofwale said:
Onimusha12 said:
kingofwale said:
Onimusha12 said:
Poor voice overs ruin a game. I'm sorry, the polish is what makes or breaks a AAA title. Voice acting is part of the professionalism of the game's final product.

Square-Enix, for the type of AAA quality product the try to boast, their utterly embarassing voice acting and localization stands in stark contrast to the rest of their product. This speaks volumes to their lack of consideration for the Western Market which they've not only voiced their disinterest in repeatedly but have shown time and time again with their refusal to bring special or international editions of their games to North America.

They pay the lowest bidder to do voice acting while not even bothering to offer the original Japanese dialogue. They refuse to bring over special or international editions of games. Yet they're still god in your eyes, while all you can do is make excuses for them.

same voice actors did Advent Children, FYI

Gamespot called the voice acting: quote "Amazing"

So are you content to live vicariously through the opinion of one reviewer while damning an other? The english voice acting in Advent Children made me glad there was the option for Japanese voice acting. Its a pity Sony has enough common sense to realize fans might want both languages yet Square could care less.

How about if I am cotent to live vicariously throughthe opinion of 23 others while damning one?

Owned.

Onimusha, your argument=lame & unwanted; this isn't a rant about not including japanese voice overs, so don't turn it in to one. How can you tell if the japanese voice acting is superior? You don't know the characteristic inflections/tones/etc of the language, so for all you know it could be piss poor voice acting. If you speak fluent japanese, my apologies. But otherwise...don't start. We're complaining about a biased review here, not Square Enix's stubborn refusal to include the 'much desired' Japanese voice over option. I'm guessing you know how much space audio takes? And how crammed full the Crisis Core UMD is already?

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network
Onimusha12 said:
Why are people so threatened by just one reviewer?

Nobody feals threatened ... its just iritating how some sites go way of with scores, especially when 90 % says its a great game ... hell even GS gave it a 9 lol

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
Onimusha12 said:
Why are people so threatened by just one reviewer?

Nobody feals threatened ... its just iritating how some sites go way of with scores, especially when 90 % says its a great game ... hell even GS gave it a 9 lol

I love how when Gamespot gives Ratchet and Clank a 7.5, Lair a 4.5 and Uncharted an 8 they're suddenly considered a crappy site but the second they give Crisis Core a 9.0 their view becomes the important one ...

No , I still consider it to be one of the crappiest review sites ... actually because they gave CC a 9 it made me lol ... Still , when compared with G4TV it actually seams that they made the better review this time around ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Is this really surprising?

Its nothing more than a cash-in on one of the worst RPGs that companies ever made.

Around the Network

I watched X-Plays review and all the video they showed I saw in the first 3 hours of game play. I watched Gamespot's review and they showed video from parts of the game I haven't gotten to yet. So we at least know Gamespot played deep into the game. When X-Play says you can press x through the game, when they claim they beat all games on all modes makes you wonder.

cwbys21 said:
I watched X-Plays review and all the video they showed I saw in the first 3 hours of game play. I watched Gamespot's review and they showed video from parts of the game I haven't gotten to yet. So we at least know Gamespot played deep into the game. When X-Play says you can press x through the game, when they claim they beat all games on all modes makes you wonder.

Yeah, Tifa doesn't even show up until much later in the story. Man, I can't wait to see her actually TALK. lol

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

i hate g4...those dudes are faggots that dont know anything about games.....

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

Bodhesatva said:
FOOD said:
Bodhesatva said:

No one seems to be making any criticisms of his actual review, where he gave reasons for this score. Insipid, puerile dialogue that is both poorly written and delivered; uninspired, facile combat, and the continuing inability to skip cut scenes in S-E products.

Does anyone have any sound disagreements with those complaints? Other than just, you know, not agreeing that the dialogue is immature, which is a very difficult position to prove or disprove. There's nothing illogical or unsubstantiated about his position, but it IS just his position.

It's so easy to dismiss his review when he starts it with a biased line, like "If a game features good looking guys and an incredibly stupid dialogue, you know it came from Japan."

It's just such a bad generalization.

This is a much better argument against the review. However, I'd point out that nearly all game reviews on the planet come with such snarky comments; it's intended to attract the male, 17-26 male demographic, that insists that abrasive humor be injected into everything they watch. Pretty much every game review has a wry comment like this, so if we throw out X-Play for this review, we have to throw out practically everyone else because no one in the industry is offering critique. 

I got the joke, but there was no "j/k" at the end of the sentence. These guys have enough power to manipulate how a game does in sales by simply reducing the number 10 or 5, no matter how good or bad. I think they should be a bit more professional like IGN, and leave the jokes to blogs and podcasts. 

zeitgeistmovie.com

PS3 Trophies

FF7 is far from being my favorite of the serie but this review seems too harsh. The game looks quite good, haven't played it though. I know it doesn't deserve a low score like that.