By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - G4TV gives Crisis Core a 4 !

kingofwale said:
nine0nine said:
so how many of the people defending the game have actually played it?

I think everyone who was able to make an capable arguement here has.

Since you called it a "button smash" RPG, I assume you haven't passed Chapter 4. So maybe at least half way into the game before commenting? At least wait until you've fought a monster who can kill you with 1 attack and then see how big a "button smasher" this game really is

Well my post clearly states I havnt played it a lot yet, maybe you should read it properly before jumping down my throat?, surely you're not suggesting I have to play HALF of the game before making a judgement.

If you think people on the internet actually play games before they judge them you are VERY mistaken too, just check streetfighter 4 threads on any forum for evidence of that.

Im playing it now and Im pretty annoyed how Zack says "later" and other smart ass comments FAR too often and no amount of play is going to turn it into a turn based RPG though, is it? Which I would have much prefered.

I know the voice acting is only a minor part of the game, but its still a point thats spoiling my enjoyment of the game, if it had the same sort of thing in any RPG i would be annoyed (exactly why im playing FF CC ROF off a hacked rom with japanese audio and not off my original american import)

Im not saying the game sucks at all, or that I think its only worth 4/10 or whatever it actually got, personally, I'm quite disapointed for various reasons. I do agree with a previous post who said its a decent game but it feels like its just whoring off the classic original, however its still a great game. Just because someone doesn't like it as much as you, or at all, doesnt mean they're wrong or foolish.

*edit*

Ive just found a "Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core USA UNDUB" patch, looks like ill be doing the same with this as I did with FF CC ROF

Around the Network

Why are people so threatened by just one reviewer?

FOOD said:

Okay, the opening of this review completely invalidates G4's opinion:

"If a game features good looking guys and an incredibly stupid dialogue, you know it came from Japan."

This is an outrage, and I'm surprised the entire gaming community hasn't said anything about that sentence. It's very offensive and biased.

I've heard of people calling reviews biased because of numerous stupid accusations, but this is where I draw the line and say this reviewer is as biased as they can get. I mean, what the hell? Games from Japan have stupid dialogue?

So God of War is from Japan? 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

nine0nine said:
kingofwale said:
nine0nine said:
so how many of the people defending the game have actually played it?

I think everyone who was able to make an capable arguement here has.

Since you called it a "button smash" RPG, I assume you haven't passed Chapter 4. So maybe at least half way into the game before commenting? At least wait until you've fought a monster who can kill you with 1 attack and then see how big a "button smasher" this game really is

Well my post clearly states I havnt played it a lot yet, maybe you should read it properly before jumping down my throat?, surely you're not suggesting I have to play HALF of the game before making a judgement.

If you think people on the internet actually play games before they judge them you are VERY mistaken too, just check streetfighter 4 threads on any forum for evidence of that.

Im playing it now and Im pretty annoyed how Zack says "later" and other smart ass comments FAR too often and no amount of play is going to turn it into a turn based RPG though, is it? Which I would have much prefered.

I know the voice acting is only a minor part of the game, but its still a point thats spoiling my enjoyment of the game, if it had the same sort of thing in any RPG i would be annoyed (exactly why im playing FF CC ROF off a hacked rom with japanese audio and not off my original american import)

Im not saying the game sucks at all, or that I think its only worth 4/10 or whatever it actually got, personally, I'm quite disapointed for various reasons. I do agree with a previous post who said its a decent game but it feels like its just whoring off the classic original, however its still a great game. Just because someone doesn't like it as much as you, or at all, doesnt mean they're wrong or foolish.

*edit*

Ive just found a "Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core USA UNDUB" patch, looks like ill be doing the same with this as I did with FF CC ROF

You post stated nothing about whether you played a lot or not, I for one simply assumed that you haven`t since you have no deep grasp of the combat system, And for once, I was absolutely correct.

People can do whatever they want, but if you want to be taken seriously, then play the game before commenting.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
blaydcor said:
FOOD said:

"If a game features good looking guys and an incredibly stupid dialogue, you know it came from Japan."

This is an outrage, and I'm surprised the entire gaming community hasn't said anything about that sentence. It's very offensive and biased.

I've heard of people calling reviews biased because of numerous stupid accusations, but this is where I draw the line and say this reviewer is as biased as they can get. I mean, what the hell? Games from Japan have stupid dialogue?

No, he means that many games that are made in Japan have been known to have horrible localizations

Around the Network

2 out of 5 seems like a terrible score.. didnt IGN give the game an 8.5? This is bad for the average, I was hoping this would be another AAA psp exclusive, I guess god of war is still the only true AAA title.

Anyhow this will be my first Final fantasy game.

mM
Riachu said:
blaydcor said:
FOOD said:

No, he means that many games that are made in Japan have been known to have horrible localizations

I quoted him exactly the way he said it. That's a hell of a generalization. Furthermore, I'd like to say that many games from many other countries have good looking guys and incredibly stupid dialogue. 

zeitgeistmovie.com

PS3 Trophies

Adam Sesseler is an idiot so I really don't care for his review. I preordered the game a while back and w/e he says won't stop me from getting it.

Riachu said:
blaydcor said:
FOOD said:

Thanks Captain Obvious, I was dismantling his stereotype through sarcasm, pointing out a prominent example of a non-japanese game with ''good looking guys and incredibly stupid dialogue'' 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

I saw the review on X-Play last night. Let's just say their credibility wasn't helped when one oftheir complaints was that it was "too automated" only to follow the review up wit ha list of 'good' Final Fantasy games, with 5/5 Final Fantasy XII topping it.

Now, I defend FF12 occasionally around here and I'm probably 1 of 5 people here that don't go into GameStops and melt/break their collection of FF12's, but no one can deny that that game is as automated as they come. Then they recommended FF6 advance last...overtop of FF4 footage. It's just going to give a lot of angry fanboys ammo against them when they can't tell the games apart.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"