By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - G4TV gives Crisis Core a 4 !

*sighs*, I don`t think I`ve seen this much ignorance in this game since... well, last Sony exclusive. :P

Okay, for all haters, maybe this will clear some stuff, I`m sick of repeating myself day after day

Ignorance 1: The Game is a "Press X: The Game"

Well, you have to, "X" is the 'confirm" button, you really have no choice but to press it, It's like ranting on FPS's "trigger" button.

Ignorance 2: You can win the game by using the attack button only

No, you can't, not unless you want to beat the game. It's just like you can't beat Mass Effect by playing it like FPS

Ignorance 3: Voice-over is bad.

It is, but so is pretty much every JRPG, turn the volume down and just read the subtitle.

Ignorance 4: You can't skip cut-scene, what if I die right after?

See ignorance 2. Play it smartly and you don't have to worry about dying all the time.

Ignorance 5: They need to stop making FFVII games.

It will happen when Nintendo stopped making Mario games or Japanese stop making Gundam games... Translation.. won't for a while.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

I was about to defend this, I thought it was a 4/5, but after reading the comments I see it's a 4/10. My god, I haven't played the game yet and I'm sure not a Final Fantasy fan but a 4 is just ridiculous.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

I'm haven't played the game. But of course, it's the sole reason I'm going to get a PSP. But that's besides the point.

What I want to establish is that XPlay is a terrible show, where Adam and Morgan have always had things up their ass. This review only shows that they have much more room for... shovage up their ass. Hmm... maybe they should actually play video games if they work for a video game channel?

Sony will prevail. My 60 gig says so.

PlayStation 3 Games:

- Rock Band
- Rock Band 2
- Soulcalibur IV
- LittleBigPlanet
- Guitar Hero: World Tour

These are the same idiots who rated MLB 2k8 (which is incredibly broken this year) very well and crapped all over MLB 08 The Show (which is better this year than it's ever been before). I shouldn't be surprised that X-Play is crapping over another Sony-exclusive product.

No one seems to be making any criticisms of his actual review, where he gave reasons for this score. Insipid, puerile dialogue that is both poorly written and delivered; uninspired, facile combat, and the continuing inability to skip cut scenes in S-E products.

Does anyone have any sound disagreements with those complaints? Other than just, you know, not agreeing that the dialogue is immature, which is a very difficult position to prove or disprove. There's nothing illogical or unsubstantiated about his position, but it IS just his position.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:

No one seems to be making any criticisms of his actual review, where he gave reasons for this review. Insipid, puerile dialogue that is both poorly written and delivered; uninspired, facile combat, and the continuing inability to skip cut scenes in S-E products.

Does anyone have any sound disagreements with those complaints? Other than just, you know, not agreeing with him or something. There's nothing illogical or unsubstantiated about his position, but it IS just his position.

Cons

• Frequently mindless combat
  • Inexplicably random DMW system
  • Dialogue is often goth-poetry bad

1... Mindless combat? Yes, according to the video they showed, and if you notice, Zack got his ASS kicked in that video. I would be mindless if you just use the 'attack button' and get killed tons of time. Oh, need I mention that you can never finish the game that way?

The combat system is incredibly deep. with blocking and dodging added, every battle is different later on in the game where 1 hit can kill you. 

2... random system? you know like random "critical hit" in EVERY JRPG? Yeah. It's not as random if you know how to control it with materia and heighten emotions. It will increase the chances of you getting them. But then again, I don't think they've played that long to actually discover that.

3... "goth-poetry bad"? I doubt any of them actually read any type of 'goth poetry'. They do quote "lovelss" a lot and it's incredibly well-done. Dialogue isn't boring, just the voice-acting.

Now, that address those concerns.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Bodhesatva said:

No one seems to be making any criticisms of his actual review, where he gave reasons for this score. Insipid, puerile dialogue that is both poorly written and delivered; uninspired, facile combat, and the continuing inability to skip cut scenes in S-E products.

Does anyone have any sound disagreements with those complaints? Other than just, you know, not agreeing that the dialogue is immature, which is a very difficult position to prove or disprove. There's nothing illogical or unsubstantiated about his position, but it IS just his position.

It's so easy to dismiss his review when he starts it with a biased line, like "If a game features good looking guys and an incredibly stupid dialogue, you know it came from Japan."

It's just such a bad generalization.  

zeitgeistmovie.com

PS3 Trophies

It really doesn't, KingofWale. Your defense of the RNG-based battle system (in your last post) and the dialogue (in your second to last post) both consist of this: other JRPGs also do it!

Which doesn't make it okay. That's not really a defense so much as an excuse; if I've done something wrong, pointing out that other people have also done something wrong doesn't make it okay.

Similarly, having poor dialogue and a poor battle system aren't suddenly good game design decisions because other succesful games have done it. 

I'm not saying that there aren't valid defenses of this game, I'm just saying that the one you've given (other games have also made these bad choices!) isn't acceptable.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

FOOD said:
Bodhesatva said:

It's so easy to dismiss his review when he starts it with a biased line, like "If a game features good looking guys and an incredibly stupid dialogue, you know it came from Japan."

It's just such a bad generalization.

This is a much better argument against the review. However, I'd point out that nearly all game reviews on the planet come with such snarky comments; it's intended to attract the male, 17-26 male demographic, that insists that abrasive humor be injected into everything they watch. Pretty much every game review has a wry comment like this, so if we throw out X-Play for this review, we have to throw out practically everyone else because no one in the industry is offering critique. 

Bodhesatva said:

It really doesn't, KingofWale. Your defense of the RNG-based battle system (in your last post) and the dialogue (in your second to last post) both consist of this: other JRPGs also do it!

Which doesn't make it okay. That's not really a defense so much as an excuse; if I've done something wrong, pointing out that other people have also done something wrong doesn't make it okay.

Similarly, having a poor plot and poor battle system isn't suddenly good game design because other succesful games have done it.

I'm not saying that there aren't valid defenses of this game, I'm just saying that the one you've given (other games have also made this poor design decisions!) isn't acceptable.

Considering they give FFXII 5/5. THis game shouldn't be punish THAT hard for essentially same problem (of course FFXII did better).

Poor plot? Poor battle system? hmmm, have you played the game yet? 

selnor
Episode 2: