By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation owners! Would you "upgrade" to the PS4K? X1 & U owners, would you?

I am.

A PS4 owner and will upgrade! 200 28.78%

Waiting on buying a PS4 b... 43 6.19%

X1 owner, I'm gonna migrate on PS4k release! 4 0.58%

Wii U owner and will migrate on ps4k release. 9 1.29%

Multi console/pc owner and will buy. 20 2.88%

Multi console owner, won't buy 87 12.52%

Wii U owner, won't buy. 69 9.93%

X1 owner, won't buy. 54 7.77%

Ps4 owner, won't buy 171 24.60%

Other,...please comment. 38 5.47%

Total:695

Nope, the reason why is I don't have 4k tv, do not plan on having 4k tv anytime soon.

Around the Network

Are you asking if XB1 and WiiU owners would upgrade to a PS4K?

The PS5 Exists. 

I'll buy in, considering it is alternatively just a PS4 slim. Either way I'll buy in, but It's somewhat alarming to me as a consumer. Wondering what exactly they have in mind

Depends on the upgrade costs (PS4k price minus the money I get for my old PS4) and the improvements (1080p/60fps for every game that runs in 1080p/30fps or 900p/30fps on the old PS4 would be great), I don't need 4k resolution yet.

No, wouldnt buy even if I had a 4k TV, because I would rather buy a XBoxOne.Having said that, I dont believe this rumor to be true.or rather, is just a normal slim version

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

I only bought my PS4 last year.. which I got it for cheap (new). So I won't make much of a loss; selling the console, and then putting the money towards the PS4K.

Definitely going to upgrade for VR and game performance, if anything else. Plus 4K movie playback support, for when I decide to get a 4K tele.

Not really seeing a need for a 4K PS4. Exactly what will be 4K. Unless there will suddenly be a whole lot of 4K content coming via Blu-Ray I do not see the point.

Well it really depends on what it is...
Will it significantly enhance the performance of games/VR and will the price be acceptable (for what it offers)?
If these are both yes then I´ll be there day 1. If not I´ll probably never get one unless my PS4 dies.

Yup...RO friggin rocked  

yes, will bring my current PS4 to my office, and home will be PS4.5 + PSVR

Eventually yes, but only because PS is always my main console and I end up having to buy two consoles a generation anyway