By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation owners! Would you "upgrade" to the PS4K? X1 & U owners, would you?

I am.

A PS4 owner and will upgrade! 200 28.78%

Waiting on buying a PS4 b... 43 6.19%

X1 owner, I'm gonna migrate on PS4k release! 4 0.58%

Wii U owner and will migrate on ps4k release. 9 1.29%

Multi console/pc owner and will buy. 20 2.88%

Multi console owner, won't buy 87 12.52%

Wii U owner, won't buy. 69 9.93%

X1 owner, won't buy. 54 7.77%

Ps4 owner, won't buy 171 24.60%

Other,...please comment. 38 5.47%

Total:695

Nope, wont buy.

I love Sony. I love Playstation. But i dont support the idea of upgradeable consoles, or 0.5 consoles mid gen.

And to be clear, im not cheap at all. But this is in my opinion some bullshit if true, which as of right now it is nothing more than a rumor.

It goes against the nature of consoles, which is the standardize (does this word exist? LOL) of every unit for all users to ease the process of developing games.

I would prefer to pay a high price up front from the launch (600-800$) and keep the same unit for 6 years, than paying 400$ and then 3 years later have a beefed up version of the same console for whatever price.

I play on consoles because it is a straight forward platform, i dont like PC and will never have a gaming rig. Unless the videogames panorama change drastically and HAVE to buy a PC in order to keep playing (streaming games for example).

EDIT: If there is in fact a new version of the Ps4 with an HDMI 2.0 and some other improvements not relative to the videogame processing specs, i wouldnt mind at all.

Around the Network

If the performance improvement is significant, yes, on Christmas ! I deserve my Gift :D

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

I have too much disposable income right now to not buy it
I mean I do own 3 different 3DS models so why not do it for PS4 aswell

For a 4K UHD player, yes.

I rather they keep the game hardware the same, or we'll end up with games that aren't really optimized on either spec. Devs will spend less time trying to get the best performance out of base ps4, expect more fps dips, nor will they add real enhancements to the 4.5 version, expect more frame pacing issues.

i like the idea that consoles have more frequent but smaller hardware revisions with forward/backwards compatibility.

that said,.. no i will not upgrade. not for a few more frames per second.

i will upgrade probably only once i have to which i still expect will be at least 6 years between required upgrades to have access to the most recent software. but when i do i'll be very happy to have access to my previously purchased games and to not have to wait a year or longer for developers to "learn" next generation hardware and actually release a game for it.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
AEGRO said:

Nope, wont buy.

I love Sony. I love Playstation. But i dont support the idea of upgradeable consoles, or 0.5 consoles mid gen.

And to be clear, im not cheap at all. But this is in my opinion some bullshit if true, which as of right now it is nothing more than a rumor.

It goes against the nature of consoles, which is the standardize (does this word exist? LOL) of every unit for all users to ease the process of developing games.

I would prefer to pay a high price up front from the launch (600-800$) and keep the same unit for 6 years, than paying 400$ and then 3 years later have a beefed up version of the same console for whatever price.

I play on consoles because it is a straight forward platform, i dont like PC and will never have a gaming rig. Unless the videogames panorama change drastically and HAVE to buy a PC in order to keep playing (streaming games for example).

EDIT: If there is in fact a new version of the Ps4 with an HDMI 2.0 and some other improvements not relative to the videogame processing specs, i wouldnt mind at all.

So you would buy if it has less features than indicated from the "leaks"?

No!

I wouldnt buy it either. But i wouldnt pissed off with Sony if the update is just for UHD support for movies. Thats fine for me.

The Xbox 360 did this with the revised HDMI version of the console. These types of revisions are not necesarily bad.

But if you are going to mess with the internal specs, now THAT would piss me off.

I am not upgrading my PS4 for a newer model, Im not upgrading to NX from my Wii U, and I still have my launch 3DS. Gaming is becoming a rather expensive hobby these days and new hardware or revisions every few years is becoming a bit silly. I may actually skip the next gen and play as much of the current gen as poss.

Other,... I don't know
But anyway right now I don't think I like this idea. Yeah, I like better performance I salute better graphics etc. I have money for all that console stuff, but I don't like the idea of separating the userbase, and it might and will anger the fans (at least a part of it) and can split them. If u decided to build up and to sell this configuration in 2013 then pls continue to fully support it in 2016. I already have a PC. I can easily jump back to better performance and visuals if console business becomes PC-like with upgrades, with a bunch of indies and p2ps with microtransactions etc. I understand that VR needs more power, but anyway I don't like that idea. OK, will see what will come of it all.

Ps4 owner, don't really know what I'd do if it happened, I'll be honest I'm slightly annoyed at the whole thing, I bought my ps4 launch day and I've been perfectly happy with it, there's nothing wrong with its performance and it'll be fine for the next 4-5 years. But now Sony (who have been really good with their customers) are sort of shitting on all the 39million owners that are now going to own the lower spec model through none of their choice. Sony should announce a trade back deal in which you trade your own ps4 back and get the "ps4k" for £100-£150.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

I'm a Wii U and PC owner and gamer and no, I'm not interested in PS4K.

But, as I said on another of these PS4K/PS4.5 threads, if fpeople start selling their PS4s to buy the new ones, I wouldn't mind getting one of those used models if the price is right. After all, I don't have a 4K TV and I don't have a problem if the games run at 1080 or 900p and 30fps as long as that doesn't affect the gameplay in any meaningful way.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.