By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are the PS4 & Xbox One already out of date?

Are the PS4 & Xbox One already out of date?

Yes: I have 4k tv & w... 12 8.89%

Yes: And i will buy a 4k ... 11 8.15%

Yes: But i won't buy upgraded console. 37 27.41%

No: And i have 4k tv 10 7.41%

No: I won't buy upgraded... 65 48.15%

Total:135

They were already "out of date" when they were announced tbh.

Around the Network

Either this or $500-$600 consoles at launch with no game. I prefer the $400 launch price, but think of how much stronger a $500-$600 PS4 would be. It would not sell well until it got pricecuts but it would be a stronger console.

Nah...once something like R9 Fury X level GPU is around $300 (currently $600+), I'll consider PS4 out of date....that's what 4870 cost mid 2008, some 3 and half years after X360 launched and some 4x stronger then what was inside of it.

They were out of date the day they released, but consoles aren't meant to be kept up to date all the time.

I think 2016 is the last year when PS4/XB1 can still provide acceptable performance against PC's in general. Of course high-end PC's already annihilate the consoles but in 2017 the difference is going to blow up. Consoles can fight back while it's a choice between better graphics/resolution/effects or framerate on PC but when both are easily achieved on PC then console gaming just looks terrible in comparison.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Around the Network

Seems out dated in terms of technology but gaming consoles aren't compared directly. But it is Sony's and MS's fault to try use exactly what a PC specs are.

But still I won't buy an upgraded consoles for minimal specs. Will wait for the next gen console than a minimal or gimmick upgrade.

I feel like I'm literally seeing the death of console gaming. This is all turning into one big clusterfuck.

Technically they were outdated by the time they hit shelves. Even at the time, they had low end CPUs and mid-range GPUs.

On the other hand, Wii U tier graphics are good enough for me, so I'm not exactly training at the bit for stronger hardware.

they were out of date as soon as they were released, as stated by others. I mean, 1080p/60fps isn't even a standard for every game. It's ridiculous. I can't believe people actually think an upgraded ps4 will play games at 4k. 

Hi

Can you even buy a APU that's more powerful than the PS4's APU. Pretty sure PS4 is top of the line still in that dept. PC users can't buy any APU more powerful yet nor can you get a PC with the main system RAM having that much memory bandwidth.

So No. PS4 is still top of the line.

Really wish forbes would have some integrity. But since MS has basically shifted back over to PCs now guess forbes don't see the need to tow that line anymore.